Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 81415161718
    So, in the last post in July I said that money's been tight, and it has been for the most part, but now I can afford to get the AT-TE and can't find it in stores after Black Friday!

A couple weeks ago I saw the BMF in Costco for $125, but this week it was totally gone. Hoping the AT-TE shows up there with the extra figs (and that it doesn't sell out before I get there).

Found the Sarlacc Pit BP at Target this morning for 62.99. NICE looking set! The one downpoint would be that the paint app on the 3 on shelf was not the best. I'm am specifically referring to Luke, Han and the Skiff Guard. The skiff and sarlacc looked great; sarlacc tentacle is bendy, so you can wrap it around figs legs to draw them in. Not a single BAD fig, they were all SL and CW. No other BP's here (same at Wm and TRU) since Black Fri. Sry - they did have 1 or 2 of the exclusives, didn't look to see if Yoda or Obi.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

This morning on RS's homepage they have an announcement that DeepDiscount.com has the Deluxe Sculpting A Galaxy for ... I think it was $143 with free shipping. After clicking thru and seeing the pics of the product I couldn't resist. It was 62% off and came with free shipping.

Been out shopping this weekend and there are almost no figs out there. A bunch of Yarna, Breha, and another pegwarmer. Got the Heir to the Empire comic pack with Tallon Karrde (WM).

At Target yesterday they had a SW miniatures CW BP. IIRC it had a Swamp Speeder for the clones and the Hailfire for the droids, as well as a bunch of mini figs. Might have gotten it if I didn't already have the Hailfire. I like the larger mini's - like the beasts, vehicles and such (not crazy about the figs even though they have a better EU representation), but the blind packing sucks. It was alright when I was a kid, or for trading cards, but not something like that. The blind packing really limits its appeal to collectors, well, to consumers in general because its just too much money to be throwing away on dup's. Same with the TOMY mini helmets.

Finally got my AT-TE! Asked for it for Christmas and the 'rental units came thru for me. I probably won't open it for a while though. I've been downsizing my displays in anticipation of moving sometime this year, and would prefer to not have to repack that and possibly damage it.

In Nov I found a nice display case on sale at a thrift shop for $200. Its been at the 'rental units house since. Need to work on getting that down here and set up. The only downside to it is that entry is thru a smaller side door (the front is about 24", each end has 2 angled sides about 9", 15-18" deep, light in top, all sides glass, about 6' tall). It would be great if I could alter it so I could use the front (or rear) for entry, so I could maybe put my Salacious Crumb inside.

Lastly, not SW related, but a gift I bought for myself was / is a Kitchen Aid stand mixer that I've wanted for years. So far I've made cinnamon buns and French bread (which was for Xmas dinner, and has also lasted for sandwiches and french toast - yum!). Today I plan on making soft pretzels, and will make sour dough bread for New Years. Bought supplies for making choc chip cookies yest too.
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

Back around the end of Jan I pre-ordered 3 cases of figs. First was the ANH wave (asst included only 1 of each fig, including a couple sandstorm fig's which I had not planned on buying, but it was better than getting dup's of fig's I didn't need dup's of); second, which I just got this week, was the latest CW wave; next up is the next saga wave, again with just 1 of each fig (some will be dup's, but they're troopers so I figure that's cool).

The cost was / is $95 per case, which breaks down to about $8 / fig, which I thought was great considering most retail is still $7-8. And it saves me SO much time hunting for figs (time I don't really have anymore).

In other collecting news...
    -Was able to order SS 12" ANH Leia from TFAW for $35 today.

-I've been thinking of "thinning the herd" of some of my collection. Right now I'm mainly thinking of my Hasbro 12". Up until the end of their line I tried to buy 2 of each, 1 open 1 boxed, but wasn't able to do this with all of them. 2 I know I have and am willing to trade or sell are: Luke on Speeder Bike and Leia on Speeder Bike. Both are MIB, box in good or better condition. I never had room to display them; I already have the Scout with Speeder open and love it. Things I'm looking for: Hasbro 12" Scout (single fig, was in the last, or 2nd to last wave); Shaak Ti (ROTS wave). PM if interested.
    YVH-1 head

Went looking for the new AT ST at WM today. Didn't find it. But, I did find new Bp's and Evo's. Bought 2 Geo BP's for the gunship pods, 1 each of the Imp and Reb pilots, and the Opturra(sp?) droid. I gotta say that bantha poodoo was expensive - $136! Thankfully there's no sales tax here. Was really on the fence about the Opturra droid as I've really scaled back purchases. The had a decent amount of CW and greatest hits red card figs, but still haven't seen any red card saga figs yet anywhere.
    YVH-1 head

Yesterday I was at Costco and Target. Costco had the AT AT for $84 and change, the Uncle Milton lightsaber room light, I think it was around $15, and they had LEGO CW Shuttle for $48 and change.

Target had a handful of E3 vintage; I picked up the Grevious and a Magna Guard, but passed on Sidious and Obi. This time I found the Defense of Hoth set and felt I really had to get it to help defend against my AT AT.
    YVH-1 head