Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is the new X-Wing worth getting?

I already have the power F/X X-wing, and $40 is kind of expensive, when you consider that right now I've still gotta find:
    4 accessory packs, $40
    2 new deluxes, $20
    Maul and Anakin, $10
    Finding Darth Vader unleashed, as well as the rest of that wave, priceless. well, $45, but still.

that comes out to $115
    chuck in the x-wing and that's $155 on figures this month.

so is it really worth that extra chunk of change?
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

I think the X-wing is alittle steep considering I still have yet to complete the 45 figures of the saga... I guess it is defintely worth getting but if you think its getting alittle steep you should start to place piorities and not get all at 1 go!! But then again thats just me and I know its painful trying to control!!

Yay 70 posts!!

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Well 46 actually. I'm still missing 3 of the original 40 and I'll be damned if I ever find 41-46.
    "This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
    Not as clumsy or as random as a blaster.
    An elegant weapon for a more civilized age."
    -- Obi-Wan Kenobi

Spending $40 for a vehicle I got two versions of kind of moves the new X-wing to the bottom of my priority list. I know I will eventually buy it as it will go look well with my Dagobah display. But I still have yet to buy any of the AOTC vehicles. I think I'll wait until they release the Silver R2 at TRU, since from what I read getting him will take buying something like $25 or more worth of Star Wars merchandise.

It is ok, but I am not going to get it. Not for that price, anyway. I already have an X-Wing that is good enough for me. I dont see extraordinary difference in the two. It reminds me of the 2 Ki-Adis-Not a huge difference. This is my 250th post. Yay.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

$43 I thought it was a little pricey for the X-wing. Yet I never bought the POTF2 X-wing so I knew I had to get this one.

I feel stupid though because I forgot about the Silver R2 they are giving away at TRU. Now I have to spend another crapload of money there in order to get the figure. Exclusives, curse you to hades!
    "The dark side clouds everything. Impossible to see, the future is. But this I am sure of - do their duty the Jedi will." --Yoda from Attack of the Clones.

I'll get it because I need a good X-Wing to open. And for dioramas. Plus it comes with a really cool R2 figure and neato accessories. I'm all about those.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

yes, I'll need to buy some crap to just to get the free R2 too. When do they start giving'em out?
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

Question

Just wondering can the new X-wing sit a figure inside? Because I think the cockpit looks alittle narrow and I never actually bought a vehicle before... Also anyone with any ideas when the new silver R2D2 is coming out?? I wish someone could get it for me

Cheers
    "It was just a little story outline with bits and pieces," -- George Lucas

Yes, the new X-wing can seat a figure. It's actually larger then the old out of scale X-wing ship. It's a gutted and retooled version of the Power FX X-Wing.

The 25th Anniversary R2-D2 is supposed to be out this fall, exclusive in the states to TRU. You get one for purchasing a certain amount of Star Wars merhandise, rumored to be between 25-35 dollars.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.