Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh yeah! The one that really razzed me was the FAO Slave Leia exclusive. Shelled out 70 bucks for that one and now you can get it at some TRUs for 20.

I worked in manufacturing for a while and something I realized is if you can retool a product with minimum of expense and sell it as a new product that everyone will buy into, then you're pretty much selling an item for twice the price. Believe me, the materials cost next to nothing in the quantities Hasbro buys it in. The cost is in the design, and if you already have the design, make slight modifications, crank out more product, repackage it, and voila!, people buy it all over again.
    Formerly Known As Broke Collector $$$

Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector
    Oh yeah! The one that really razzed me was the FAO Slave Leia exclusive. Shelled out 70 bucks for that one and now you can get it at some TRUs for 20.

I worked in manufacturing for a while and something I realized is if you can retool a product with minimum of expense and sell it as a new product that everyone will buy into, then you're pretty much selling an item for twice the price. Believe me, the materials cost next to nothing in the quantities Hasbro buys it in. The cost is in the design, and if you already have the design, make slight modifications, crank out more product, repackage it, and voila!, people buy it all over again.
    Yeah,just slap a new sticker on it and call it all new likeness or exclusive and they got ya by the pants. That's why I wait sometimes for things, cause I know they are going to make another that's better than the first. Money Money Money, that's what they really care about, not doing the job right the first time. What's this an exclusive ? Lets put a sticker on it and pawn it off again. I'm afraid after the craze has died off on the Sacul figure, that he'll hit the shelves at Walmart or Toyrus with a vengence.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I'm afraid after the craze has died off on the Sacul figure, that he'll hit the shelves at Walmart or Toyrus with a vengence.

God, I hope so. I didn't get to go to Celebration II and I'm not looking forward to paying 50+ bucks for one. There again though... screws the people who think they are getting an "exclusive" item the first time around.

LOL LOL

How true How true FKA Broke Collector, I didn't get one either cause I never made it there as well, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the sarcastic comment I made in my last post comes true. I have seen this happen in the past and I'm sure it's going to happen again.

Hasbro:
    Attention ! Attention !, with the ever growing demand of the Sacul figure, we are forced to produce a limited edtion of this figure as a Toyrus exclusive. It's release date should be at the end of the year. For those who spent all that money to go to Celebration II to get this figure, oh well sorry about your luck.
    This is how she goes sometimes.

P.S. The price will be twenty dollars because of the retooling we had to do.

I'd be far more inclined to believe Hasbro taking that same basic mold and using it over again (oh, wait they did that for the Sacul figure anyway... ) than to see a Lucas figure on the pegs... that's really not something that lends itself to being a widespread item. Just look at any of the other "likeness" figures out there. They were exclusives. They never hit retail (at least not regular retail). Sure the figures might become available in the fan club or something, but Toys R Us or Walmart shelves? Doubt it.

Originally posted by Bent Wookie
    I'd be far more inclined to believe Hasbro taking that same basic mold and using it over again (oh, wait they did that for the Sacul figure anyway... ) than to see a Lucas figure on the pegs... that's really not something that lends itself to being a widespread item. Just look at any of the other "likeness" figures out there. They were exclusives. They never hit retail (at least not regular retail). Sure the figures might become available in the fan club or something, but Toys R Us or Walmart shelves? Doubt it.
    It's a Joke Bent Wookie , Just a plain old Joke, but I'm sure that Sacul/Biggs/Wedge will hit the market again in some shape or form.

I still like the idea of Leia X-wing outfit! Rarr baby!!

Although I don't see Hasbro using the Sacul mold for her--maybe "middle-aged Jedi birth attack Leia" but not young Princess Leia.

I can joke too.

LOL

I'm thinking it will be a buffed up POTJ Luke body and the head from Bespin escape Leia. Better for their profit margin if they use old molds instead of new ones.
    Last edited by DarthBrandon; 07-11-2002 at 10:04 PM.

Originally posted by brandon
    LOL

I'm thinking it will be a buffed up POTJ Luke body and the head from Bespin escape Leia. Better for their profit margin if they use old molds instead of new ones.
    Okay, okay... you're going to give Hasbro too many ways to skimp on figures. They'll end up taking the idea and running too far with it. Next thing you know we'll have a figure with IG-88's body and a Jawa head, and Ketwol's legs, and Amanaman's arms. They'll call it something original like IGawamanawol.

Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector

Okay, okay... you're going to give Hasbro too many ways to skimp on figures. They'll end up taking the idea and running too far with it. Next thing you know we'll have a figure with IG-88's body and a Jawa head, and Ketwol's legs, and Amanaman's arms. They'll call it something original like IGawamanawol.
    That my friend was truly a work of art, way too funny. LOL
    Hope Hasbro's not listening, they would still your ideas in a second.