Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

"anakin, i am your father" POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER

the force.net reported a spy report from a "reliable source" that that aurra sing, not tusken raiders, kill shmi. they didn't come out and say it, but hinted around that palpatine sent aurra to kill shmi for two reasons, 1. to draw anakin and padme out of hiding and, 2. to open the door for anakin's turn to the dark side.

they also didn't say it, but reading through the lines, they, like some have done here in the past, speculate that palpatine is anakins father.

Yet Anakin believes the Tuskens killed her. Kind of like the Tuskens were "responsible" for the Jawa massacre in ANH. But ObiWan, who recognizes the imperial MO of scapegoating Tuskens from the Aurra/Shmi incident, isn't fooled and tells Luke. Ahhh...it all ties together!

I like the Aurra Sing angle but I'm tired of everyone trying to connect Anakin and Palpatine as father and son. Anakin is/was a VIRGIN BIRTH (PERIOD) and if Palpatine was Anakin's father I would throw-up.

I can just hear it now, Palpatine saying "Luke, I am your GRANDFATHER." PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

I actually have a theory that Anakin does have a real father, not Palpatine, see my hypothesis in these 2 posts:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...=5929#post5929
    -and-
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...=1632#post1632

That 2nd post has a discussion about the theory following which I think makes it more interesting.

However, if Palpy is Anakin's father, I won't like it at all, I'll probably wretch.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

That's an interesting theory JediTricks but I am still going to stick to the Virgin Birth mythology, I think it fits better into film and makes Anakin's fall to the DARK SIDE much more powerfully. Like if Satan was able to tempted Jesus (just a theory, not a religious statement)...

I dunno, I think the virgin birth is simply too much of a rip off and doesn't fit in with the tone of Star Wars for me.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be true. It would screw the hell out of ROTJ. I mean Anakin would kill his own father to save his son? That would mean Palpatine doesn't give a rat's *** about killing his own grandson.

If anyone is going to be Anakin's father, it's going to be ol' Count Dooku. Just a wild guess.
    Postatem obscuri lateris nescitis

Anakin's father could be Watto.... Shmi was hot for the size of his... uh- snout.

...or JIRA! She kinda looks like a truck driver in drag! That would explain all the hugging and concern "she" had for him!!

Hey... it's 2001- anything is possible!
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 10-26-2001 at 09:21 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Talking

Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
    Hey... it's 2001- anything is possible!
    Thank you............