Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My favourite films other than Star Wars are:
    Indy Jones trillogy,
    Rocky (well only 1 and 2, the others were crap),
    Terminator 1 and 2,
    and Spider-Man

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Brandon,

In Episode II the jumpy scene transition was worst in the first hour or so. It got a little better towards the end.

Episode I was like that the whole time--the worst part was how they constantly interrupted the action scenes throughout the movie.

The last twenty-five minutes was the only part of the movie I didn't find myself succumbing from dizziness. I watched it fifteen plus times and compared to Episode I it was horribly edited. We may not agree on which was choppier, but we do agree that they were poorly edited. I really liked Episode II; I just wish that the story flowed better.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Yeah...AOTC was a collection of scenes rather than a fluid piece. My dad and I, when we get the Archival Edition, are going to use our video software and do our own "editing!"

Hopefully they will have the deleted scenes like the lost twenty and the trials included on the Archival Edition.

Another good movie is Saving Private Ryan.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

Aren't they only doing Archival Editions for the classic trillogy. I didn't know they were doing it for the Prequels too!

PENDO!
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    Aren't they only doing Archival Editions for the classic trillogy. I didn't know they were doing it for the Prequels too!
    PENDO!
    There were some rumors that there might be an archival edition of E1 also. So likely it was going to be archival versions of all of the movies. One of the things I read was that they were going to put back in the scene in E1 where Bail Organa seconds Queen Amidala's vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. The scene was originally cut, because Lucas didn't like the actor. But now that he's got Jimmy Smits as Bail, they can film him, and reinstate that scene.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    There were some rumors that there might be an archival edition of E1 also. So likely it was going to be archival versions of all of the movies. One of the things I read was that they were going to put back in the scene in E1 where Bail Organa seconds Queen Amidala's vote of no confidence in Chancellor Valorum. The scene was originally cut, because Lucas didn't like the actor. But now that he's got Jimmy Smits as Bail, they can film him, and reinstate that scene.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    thanx for the info JJB! If they are going to do an Ep1 Archival Edition I hope they put in these scenes so I can see if I DID really see them at the cinema (which I know I did)!

I hope that if he does do Archivals of all the films that they come out in a big 12 disk box set! That would be cool!

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    thanx for the info JJB! If they are going to do an Ep1 Archival Edition I hope they put in these scenes so I can see if I DID really see them at the cinema (which I know I did)!

I hope that if he does do Archivals of all the films that they come out in a big 12 disk box set! That would be cool!

PENDO!
    I'm not to sure that you saw those in the movie at the theater, but anything is possible. Problem is that sometimes our imaginations of what was cut, can cause people to think they have seen stuff like this. People still claim to have seen the scenes of Biggs and Luke in Archorhead at the theater, or on a televison broadcast. Even though it's been confirmed by Lucasfilm that those scenes were never part of any presentation of the movie.

A similar thing happened with Hannibal, people believe that in the theaters they saw Hannibal actually slice a piece out of Krendler's brain on camera. Even though all that was filmed was Hannibal preparing for the cut, and then the camera angle shifting to the piece of brain hitting the frypan.

It also occured with Texas Chainsaw Massacre. People made a huge fit about the scene where Leatherfaace spikes that girl on the meat hook thru her back. They were complaining about the gore when the hook enters her back. Yet all that is shown is Leatherface lifting her up, a quick shot of the meathook, and then the camera angle switches to show him spiking her on it from the front and her twitching. They never showed the hook actually enter her back.

As for the archival editions, I wouldn't mind seeing somthing along the lines of the extended cut of LOTR's. A nice 3-4 disc set for each film. Tons of extras, and maybe Lucas can get the cast in for an audio commentary.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I agree with what you said about the mind playing tricks, etc. and about people believing they saw something which they didn't. But when I said to my friend (who saw the showing with me) about the scenes he said that he remembers seeing them too. Maybe it was an early cut of the movie which the Odeon some how had hold of. I guess it's one of those questions which will never be answered .

As for the 4 disk set of each Archival Edition, it sounds cool! I would love something like that too!

PENDO!
    My DVD Collection