Question New idea: Figure Tracking

I live in NH, so I tend to get things last. Now one of strategies I use to find stuff right when it comes out here is to track it's progression and dispersal throughout the US by using the Just Found forums. This doesn't always entirely work, though, since it seems like there are some gaps between areas we have covered. So this is my idea.
    Whenever something new is found, we post where we found it and when in it's own seperate thread. For example, if someone found Pilot Padme they'd start a thread called "Tracking: Pilot Padme". Perhaps through doing this we can learn how things are dispersed and thusly know more accurately when to hit the stores. It's easier than actually going through all the Just Found forums anyway and it's good for those of us with fewer members in our area.

What do you think? yes or no?
    or have I gone utterly bonkers yet again?
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles

sounds ok, but I most people end up making there own thread about a new figure or just don't inform people that they found a new figure.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

You have my vote sign me up!!!
    May the force be with You!!!!!

The Collector's Clubs were originally designed for this type of tracking and trading, but even there, many grow concerned that their posts are tracked by the same people they try to keep from reaching the figures first.

If you are concerned about finding product, I would suggest establishing a contact at your local toy department, who could give you at least a general idea of when new cases arrive. I would have linked you to Yakface's store report section, but New Hampshire has been quiet since 2001.

Or, if you want, find enough interest and create a New England Club, incorporating other small states (Vermont, Delaware, Rhode Island, etc)

Just a few suggestions. Your tracking thread idea might actually make you more frustrated over not finding what you want.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

actually, somehow there's this scalper who manages to hit this one location ONLY when new stuff is out. I don't know how he does it, I really don't. There's one guy who works there that's been nothing but great to me, though he isn't able to know when new stuff is coming in pretty much until the night of.
    With one wing, one can only fly in circles