Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New trend in the forums

Sorry, I just had to chime in on this. I have noticed that a lot of people are starting to use the classified section to advertise their ebay auctions. That just doesn't seem right to me. I mean, aren't those forums meant to help collectors by trading and selling to each other? Getting people's hopes up by starting a thread saying that you have a particular item for sale and then seeing that they actually have it on ebay is a let down to that person who might have wanted it. I know, in reality the item is still available to the person reading it, but that is just splitting hairs to me. I am not slamming ebay in any way. I have bought and sold many items on there myself. But, I don't pretend like something is for sale on this forum just to prod people into bidding on my auctions. That is insulting to my fellow SSGers. Maybe I'm just getting worked up over nothing( it has been known to happen), but I had to vent and see what everyone else thinks about this.
    Thanks to the too numerous to list traders here who have made my collection a bit more complete!!

"Are we ashamed of our own fate, or play the fool for our own sake?"

I see no reason why people shouldn't be able to advertise their auctions here. It's not really harming anything.

If you don't want to buy off of e-bay then don't.
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I did not say anything about buying there. Actually, my post said that I have many times before(that's how I FINALLY got my Y-Wing). My point was that people shouldn't make it seem like their item(s) is for sale here when it isn't.
    Thanks to the too numerous to list traders here who have made my collection a bit more complete!!

Also, I dig the reference to ST:TNG "Encounter at Farpoint" in your signature. Picard rules!!!

I understand, you'd prefer coming here because you can get what you need without the "fun" of buying stuff on e-bay

Makes sense in that way I suppose.

I for one have never made a transaction with anybody here yet so since I have no personal experiences to compare, I guess I'm just talking out of my @$$.

Thanks about the tagline.
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

There are some really good traders on this site. If you ever need anything, I can give you the names of some great guys to deal with.

Thanks but I find lots of people shy away as soon as they hear I'm in Canada.

I don't think people like shipping stuff across the border.
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I do it all of the time. Is there anything that you need? Canadians have just as much right to this stuff as anyone else.

Well you'd be the first.

So, got a trade list?
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

Re: New trend in the forums

I also felt like having ebay auctions on the forums classifieds was uncool, but Steve told me to let them, so now I don't moderate those sections at all.

I have no problem with using auctions, I only have a problem with using forums to advertise one's auctions.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.