Hybrid View

How to use the "ignore list" for reading the forums

Hello, many of you know me but for those who don't, I'm JediTricks, one of the moderators here on SSG. This announcement is to let you know about a feature which has been here for quite some time but apparently is too often overlooked -- the "ignore list" feature. The ignore list is found in your User Control Panel options, also at this link:
    http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums...serlist=ignore

The ignore list works 2 ways, first by blocking all incoming Private Messages from that user; and second (and more importantly) by blocking out any forum posts by that user on your list, while still giving you the option to read the blocked post via a link included in that post.

In a perfect world, we'd all get along and never have use for the ignore list; but reality isn't quite as pleasant and eventually there may be someone who bothers your or just gets on your bad side too often. The ignore list helps you look the other way and avoid falling into a downward spiral of unpleasantness and trouble on the forums, all without even letting that user know they are on your ignore list. Hopefully, you'll never have to use it, but just in case, the option is there.

From all of us on the SSG forum moderator staff, thank you for your time and have fun in the forums.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I tried the Ignore function on DeadEye once, but I kept clicking to read his posts anyway. I couldn't resist.

It says there are two posts in this thread but I only see JT's...what gives?

Quote Originally Posted by stillakid
    It says there are two posts in this thread but I only see JT's...what gives?

Me too, I can only read mine, JT's, and then there's this odd looking post next...

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ignorestillakid.jpg