Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Is everyone getting tired of old Eric over here?

I'm thinking that most of you are getting tired of me. I have been trying day-in and day-out to find an E-wing. I finally saved up $70 to buy one. But now, when I email people, they either don't care and tell me so, don't respond, or tell me they want more $ for it. I am not like some people that just try to get certain things to complete a set or some such things. I geniunely would value and treasure my E-wing (if i had one). I mean, I think the E-wing is a DAMNED cool ship! So is the TIE Defender! But that doesn't really matter now does it? It seems like I am the only person who feels this way, and the only person without an E-wing. If you wanna sell me yours, then please email me ok! psystinger@email.com Please reply!

P.S. I'm also looking for a TIE Defender, but not until after I get an E-wing.
    *I am looking for a Star Wars Action Fleet E-wing and TIE Defender. I have been searching for 3 years. Please email me at psystinger@email.com if you or anyone you know has an E-wing or TIE Defender!!!!!! Thanks!*

"If you ever smell burning flesh, and you realize that your hand is in the campfire...."

Don't take it personal, Eric.

I have been dropping in here for about 2 years, and I ain't snagged one yet.

The only place to bag one is Ebay - but $70 is never going to be enough.

Good luck

BC3

70.00 will never be enough unless someone lists it with a buy now price less than 70.00 and you happen to see it very shortly after it's listed. Very unlikely, but still possible.

Later,
    S43

I still think that even $70 is a damned outrageous price, if you'll pardon my french. For a toy that was $10 (and you could find it for a lot less at some places) only 4 years ago, I think $50 would be reasonable.
    *I am looking for a Star Wars Action Fleet E-wing and TIE Defender. I have been searching for 3 years. Please email me at psystinger@email.com if you or anyone you know has an E-wing or TIE Defender!!!!!! Thanks!*

"If you ever smell burning flesh, and you realize that your hand is in the campfire...."

Hey Eric thats the collectibles market,small production run + high demand = $$$$.
    Who knows you might get lucky if hasbro continues with it's bad rehashing habit.
    "This is Space Intruder Detector"

psystinger,
    You're preachin' to the choir, buddy. I'm sure we all think the hard-to-get AFs are insultingly overpriced. But we don't set the aftermarket auction prices. The people who pay $90 - $125 or more are the ones who establish the going rate. I have one e-wing, and want a 2nd one to open and display & examine, but I can't justify spending $100 to get one right now.
    I have to take exception to your remark about "I am not like some people that just try to get certain things to complete a set or some such things. I geniunely would value and treasure my E-wing..." How does wishing to have a complete set of Action Fleet (or anything else, for that matter) automatically imply that someone doesn't sufficiently value or treasure each of their items?
    psystinger, you have to also appreciate that although we're a generally helpful group on this forum, we're not a bunch of Forrest Gumps, either. You showed up here with something like one or two posts to your name, and right off the bat asked for a premium ship. I know when I read your first post about the E-Wing, my "scalper-sense" started tingling big-time. That doesn't mean you are a scalper, but I think most people here need to gain a comfort level with our fellow foruMMers before we're ready to trade or deal with them.
    If you're the enthusiast you appear to be, then warmest welcome to the forum. Hang out a while. Get to know us. Let us get to know you.

Best wishes,
    Swafman
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

Smile keep looking!

Yeah, like they said, don't take it personally. When the E-wing came out it was nearly impossible to find. Not including pictures on the web, I've only ever actually seen one in person, and it's the one I own. I got it at a Toys R Us at the regular price, and it was the only one there. If I hadn't found it there that lucky day, I don't think I'd have one in my collection now. And my collection is hardly complete. I buy the ships I like and pass on the ones that don't interest me. I open them and display them without their boxes. I really love Action Fleet, and I think everyone here at this forum, no matter what their collecting style or methods, or size of their collection, shares my enthusiam for this neat line of Star Wars toys.
    $70 bucks is a ton of money for this or any such toy, but it is a unique and rare one, and I think if you hang in there, keep looking and be patient, you'll find one for hopefully close to that amount.
    Good luck and MTFBWY.

Speaking of the E-wing, I don't think I've mentioned my supreme gratitude to GSJ for the Epic 4-6 mms-vs- E-wing. I have opened the E-wing and it is now in my pose rotation

jeddah
    eVerlasTing

Wink you've already expressed your happiness over our trade girlfriend

but it's always nice knowing that you're thinking of moi!

psystinger, don't give up the hunt. in the 4 or so years of cyberwhackin' with most the denziens of this forum, impossible quests have been fufilled in ways none of us could have possible forseen prior to hanging out here at ssg (post buzz days).

it was only through this forum that i could have possibly acquired some of the toys that i play with today. (heh, and mason thinks i get em for him )

i was extrememly lucky several years ago when i had gotten home from work, and mason indicated to me that he had seen that "funny tie fighter" with the three wings earlier when he was at targets with mommy. (he was 4 then, 8 now)

dropping everything i rushed to targets, and lo and behold were two tie defenders, two e-wings, and 2 jabba sail barges)(all marked down to $7.99)

the extra jabba sail barge went to a canadian gentleman in exchange for two imperila landing craft (one of em, found it's way across the atlantic into britcit's impressive collection), the extra tie defender also went to england in exchange for the impossible to find x-ray sets V, VI, and VII, and the e-wing went.............the funny thing is, i have no idea where the extra e-wing went , my guess is that it somehow ended up as a birthday present for one of masons friends several years ago

when jeddah and i had made the deal of swapping e-wing for epic sets IV, V, and VI, i went to retrieve the e-wing, only to find that it was no longer there , so in order to complete my end of the deal with jeddah, i searched ebay, found the 1st e-wing auction with a buy it now ($125.00 ). and gladly paid that premium price in order to keep my end of the deal intact with jeddah.

as fer lusting after something for like forever, and yet not being able to obtain it, i most certainly understand your frustration. i've been after an emblemless green a-wing for at least three years now, (and have even carelessly let one slip away not to long ago for el cheapo dinero ). i do know that one day i will have this seemingly elusive bird in my hand, becuase i have the help of quite a few people on this board keeping a lookout for me :happy: that's just what we do around here, help eachother out!

we generally like to trade in lieu of exchanging currency, (although if an item is snared we do forward it on to the person seeking it in exchange for the exact price paid, plus the exact shipping costs). if by chance you have some action fleet or micro machines that you're willing to trade, several folks who post here, (in particular, a certain native of rocky mountain high who go's by the calling of vulcantouch), have proven themselves to be quite resourceful over the years in tracking down the impossible dreams of others.

hang around awhile, jump on in to the ecclectic mix of cocktail chatter, and who knows, somewhere in the not to distant future, an e-wing with your name on it just might surface.

and once again (thanx swaffy for extending the official greeting), welcome to the micro machines forums of ssg!
    0 /// /// F=MA~~~~~~~~~~~~
    what's so funny 'bout peace love and understanding

I'm after the REAL philosophers stone of MM collecting.....

THE UNPRODUCED EP1 MM SETS 14, 15 & 16.

They were only produced as salemans demo's - but I KNOW that one day I'll bag them.

BC3