Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this REAL???

Hmmm, interesting.
    Have you checked out the Collector's guide?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

It looks like a custom to me. Someone took a mold from the 1985 Anakin Skywalker figure and made a custom. You can tell because it's preportionatly smaller then the actual figure.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

A custom that is not a fake? Semantics. What the seller is stating is probably true--it is a custom-produced figure that he/she or some other person made from a mold (again, that he/she or some other person made) of a vintage Anakin Skywalker figure. The seller also states that the mold was destroyed, which may also be true, since he/she probably also made the mold!

Basically, this is not an officially (by Kenner or Hasbro or LucasFilm, etc.) licensed figure or prototype of any kind. The seller or someone the seller knows made this figure. It's worth roughly $1, maybe $2, but absolutely no where near what the seller is asking!

Again, it's a custom.
    -Bob
    I am blind to the value of this pain...

Captain Trips
    Stormie is absolutely right. There has never been (not that I am the final authority on the subject or anything) a Ghost of Anakin figure in the Kenner line of any sort. Never even heard of one planned. The guy even says its a custom. CUSTOM=FAKE. Period. If it's not made by someone Lucasfilm licensed to make the product, it is a FAKE. PERIOD.

It's already up to $300. Wow! And it's not even carded. I'd like to refer everyone to the chorus of the song "Banditos" by the Refreshments.

Maybe I should make another Qui-Gon Jinn in Slave Gear and put it on e-bay.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Well, it's opening bid is $300.00, but no one has bid on it. I think this guy is not going to sell this item. It's a cool custome, and there is a market for such things. Still, $300.00 is a horrible price. I've got a one of a kind impailed Qui Gon, but he's not worth $300.00. Heck, he's not even worth the $1.00 I paid for him becasue now he's got a lightsaber sized hole in his gut .

Anyway, don't freak out. Customes are old hat and this guy's not trying to fool anyone. That is if you read his discription. He is trying to rip people off, so he's still not a nice guy.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Captain Trips
    Well, it seems to be gone now. Attack of the Consciense maybe?

Originally posted by Captain Trips
    Well, it seems to be gone now. Attack of the Consciense maybe?
    More likely someone reported him to Ebay, and they nuked the auction. If it would have just been ended by the person, it would still be on file there.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Captain Trips
    Really? Forgive my ignorance, but I always thought it was buyer beware with ebay. Could they make him take it down if it was a fake or if he were charging was that far out of left field? Curious...JarJar, what cause would they have?