Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

New Gas for the Fire

Here's sumpin' for you "scalper-haters" out there. Take a chaw on this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=1754603546

That ought to stoke the fire

J

Now that does surprise me....... Actually my brain hurts more from the text screaming so loudly. What the hell font size is that!!!!? Ginormous humongous.

Ultra ultra rare george Lucas fart in a bottle, be the first to own this rare item that even Ricky McC doesn't own and he works with him!!!! ULTRA RARE!!!!! You will not find this item in the stores it is exclusive to us and is very rare!!!!!!!!!! which means that because we are the only people to have this item early it is rare and HTF and will cost the same as a rare US navy aircraft carrier to the winner of this auction because it is RARE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seeing as how this guy is asking $240 for this "rarity," yet there is only ONE bid for $3.80 (LESS than a fig normally costs), I'm not angry. I'm LAUGHING MY *** OFF at this moron!
    "I take orders from just one person - ME!"

I really hate how these items become "rebate" figures (I got a free Artoo with a $35 purchase, but with a reserve price of $40, I get my toys for free!)

Like Theatre Luke, this has the text, "Not for retail sale". I consider that to be $0 in trade value, and selling it on eBay is not promotional use. But with shipping at $10, this person is obviously too stupid to know that.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
    Like Theatre Luke, this has the text, "Not for retail sale". I consider that to be $0 in trade value, and selling it on eBay is not promotional use. But with shipping at $10, this person is obviously too stupid to know that.
    Actually for the theater Luke in trade value I think it would've been the price you paid for the ticket, but that's just me so.

This seller is looking very desperate to get rid of this thing judging from the huge text and stuff. Probably someone who bought it early from another seller then found out about the TRU deal.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Yes, it's funny how people get these early, and how other more educated people just laugh at them and wouldn't touch that price with a ten foot pool.

Still the Value of this figure should be at least $35.00, assumeing that's what we'll have to spend to get it. I mean it's free, but you have to buy $35 worth of stuff to get it. It's not as if TRU is just going to give it to you. So, the price of $35 at a show or something wouldn't be to bad, but I expect everyone to have on of these, so they shouldn't be to valuable.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Originally posted by icatch9
    Still the Value of this figure should be at least $35.00, assumeing that's what we'll have to spend to get it. I mean it's free, but you have to buy $35 worth of stuff to get it. It's not as if TRU is just going to give it to you. So, the price of $35 at a show or something wouldn't be to bad, but I expect everyone to have on of these, so they shouldn't be to valuable.
    I'll just buy my Gunships and Arena at TRU then. :happy: 2 Luke speeders = 40, 1 X-wing = 40, 1 Gunship = 40, 1 Arena = 40. Plenty of opportunitys to pick it up especially if you were gonna pick up that stuff anyways. I just hope the X-wings are still around then...
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

...by the way... who's the ugly chick in the pic?
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Yea, JEDIpartnr I was wondering the same thing about the chick in the background. Maybe she comes with the R2 figure..just like a buy one get one free deal.
    Anakin: "Where are you going Master?"
    Obi-Wan: "To get a drink!! A Molson XXX!!"

BTW... is it just me or does it strike you funny that the thread "New gas for the fire" and was started by JangoFart? Gads... I'm such a child.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**