Hybrid View

Mezco doing Goldmember figures?

Anyone know why McFarlane isn't doing the Goldmember figures? I had just assumed they would continue the license. I think it is a huge score for Mezco to be doing them but I just hope they maintain the scale and detail. I have been a fan of their past endevours so I am excited to see what they do.
    Formerly Known As Broke Collector $$$

I don't know the reasoning, but the McF line bombed around here, major clearance product.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I like the new line,does any one know if we'll get a second wave?
    Insert sig line of your choosing here.

From what I have seen in magazines and on the net, the new Goldmember figs look pretty good. I thought McFarlane was still doing them, because they look just like his work.
    Either way, I am looking forward to getting these, if they would just start showing up in stores.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed

I've only seen these carded, but they look like something Fat, uh, the Character-Referred-to-By-McFarlane-as-Fat-Man-for-conventional-retail-outlets coughed up.

The detail and paint are spotty, and the figures are too shiny. Also, the joints are painfully obvious.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I don't know the reasoning, but the McF line bombed around here, major clearance product.
    I got the Fat Bastard figure and he's in relatively good scale to the original figures. I guess you're right Jedi Tricks, they did (and still) warm pegs. I still think they were some really good figures. Good sculpts. Fortunately I waited until they went on clearance and I got them all, even the original Fat Bastard, the one that actually says "Bastard" on it.

I agree, the Mezco figures are so detailed they could actually pass for McFarlane.
    Formerly Known As Broke Collector $$$

I believe Mez is calling his figure "Fat Man" as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

The one I saw at KB was Fat %$#@ (or profanity symbols like that).
    Tommy, close your eyes.

El Chuxter is right. Thats what it says on Fat Bastard's package. They do have some pretty good detail. And they are at the same scale as McFarlane. Fat Bastard is probably my favorite, even though the figure is gross.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

Originally posted by El Chuxter
    I've only seen these carded, but they look like something Fat, uh, the Character-Referred-to-By-McFarlane-as-Fat-Man-for-conventional-retail-outlets coughed up.

The detail and paint are spotty, and the figures are too shiny. Also, the joints are painfully obvious.
    Yes, but they actually have joints to speak of. The same thing can not be said for MacFarlane's figures.

The Mezco Powers figures I've seen have been pretty amazing, proving that you don't have to make a toy into a statue in order for it to be detailed.
    Wha'choo talkin 'bout Hasselhoff?