I've been revisiting Ep 1 Racer on N64

Recently dug this one out and have been playing it for a few days. I find it's still a lot of fun, but ever since I beat it, it wasn't all that fresh to me because I knew all the courses both regular and mirrored. I'm not that good at it, but after a while there's a rhythm to it that sorta clicks. However, now that I've been checking out cheat codes for it, I find that there's some really wacky stuff you can do with it. You can make the pods extra fragile, super tough, lots of traction, extra slippery, super slow, super fast, bad steering, incredible steering (though the AI pilot already has that, which I find to be the most frustrating part), invincible, the AI smarter or dumber, you can have never-ending turbo, always-burning engines, all sorts of crazy stuff. The one I was goofing on today was when I switched my pod to maximum speed (2000) and maximum boost (1000) and AI-controlled; at nearly 3000 wph (whatevers-per-hour ) even the system's AI can't figure out what to do and the pod goes crazy, and even with all that lack of control, I finished a lap on the big Boonta track in a minute -- Sebulba's not going to win, I think!!!
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I agree...SW Racer has a great replay value...specially because u can compete against your best times, not to say if u are playing with someone. The fun part is to play with different pods. Long live Racer... Arrr!!!
    As always...........L

Couple weeks back, I was invited to a Chuck E. Cheese birthday party, and the place had a Racer game there. At the end, when I didn't even make ONE SINGLE CURCUIT of the track, the phrase "The crowd is furious at your slow racing" came up... because, like the 96-yer old I am, I realized after that I was pulling back on the break until the last few seconds. :noob:
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Shovel'd!

Yeah, pulling backwards on the sticks is a good way to go slow. Did you leave your turn signal on the whole way as well?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I was laughing so hard once the game ended, the first thing I about was the turn signal.

I was suprised a pod racer didn't hit me from behind.
    'It is always nice to see you, says the Besalisk at the counter... And instead I pour blue milk...' From "Dex's Diner" by Su-San Vega

Good ol' Neva Kee. I never did finish Episode 1 Racer. I got stuck on the course that was up in the sky and the track was suspended in the air by suspension cables. If memory serves it was a Tibanna Gas mining colony, maybe even Bespin. Anyway I could not pass this coarse, not even close. Always fourth.

I should break this one out again some time. I was never too good at it either, but it was a fun game. I believe there was a way to set it up so that you could use two controllers to control the pod, but that seemed like it would be really hard to control it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Slanted Powers View Post
    I believe there was a way to set it up so that you could use two controllers to control the pod, but that seemed like it would be really hard to control it that way.
    There is.

At the file naming screen type this in while holding Z and pressing with L: RRDUAL

The dual setting uses ports 1 and 3.
    Rogue Squadron-19 Golds, Battle For Naboo-18 Platinums, Rogue Leader-15 Golds/15 Aces, Rebel Strike-19 Single Golds/19 Single Aces
    James Boba Fettfield & Lord Malakite's Video Game Collection