Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Yeah, I "noticed" all that stuff too but not one bit of it was presented in a way that would convince anybody that Anakin was anything more than a good pilot and a nice kid.

GL had to (and didn't) have Ani DO something that resembled Force ability. There were a myriad of opportunities that were all missed. Instead, GL chose to TELL us all about it in his dinner sequence and with the infamous Midichlorian counter that magically finds Jedi guys.

Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
    Lucas is not a genius.
    I have to disagree here. He turned a hokey little story about "three goofballs and a guy in a monkey suit" (was it Harrison Ford that said that) into a billion dollar empire. The day he decided not to let Fox have the merchandising rights to Star Wars is the day he became a marketing genius (right up there with Bill Gates jumping in bed with IBM).
    Last edited by ThomasLane; 10-22-2001 at 12:47 AM.
    Thomas Lane
    tlane@parlant.com

You know, I always have something negative to say about G.Lu's stuff (he did make Howard the Duck after all). However I want to say that I've really enjoyed the deleted scenes. Although they don't have CGI as good as the stuff done for the movie, and they aren't necessary for plot telling or any other device, I think it was great they were included. It brings up the point that these movie makers do have a difficult time in deciding what to trash and what to keep.

So the scenes may be kind of hokey (OK, really hokey in the case of 'Farewell to Jira') but I enjoyed watching every one of them. After about 2.5 years from the last SW I'm really ready for some new SW footage, even if it has Jar Jar in it.

JT, whispering to GNT: Man, that is one really desparate dude.
    Last edited by Mandalorian Candidat; 10-22-2001 at 04:09 PM.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

The day he decided not to let Fox have the merchandising rights to Star Wars is the day he became a marketing genius (right up there with Bill Gates jumping in bed with IBM).
    Nah, that's why he's known as George Flukas. He may have seen some financial reward coming from the merchandise but he never knew what he had until it rose up and bit him on the *** in '78. Sheer fluke. He had the sense to hire good guys to run the business for him and make the right decisions but he aint that much of a visionary. He has bright ideas but it's the guys who work for him that get the things to work. Ultimately it's all the other talented people who propelled George to the top.
    Sorry to squash the holy cow image but it's just an observation and a humble opinion. Feel free to disagree anytime Thomas, that's what discussions are all about isn't it? rather than just a series of assertions.

And please don't use images like that and include Bill Gates, the imagery is too too horrible and won't leave my head....... *shudders*

Thumbs up

Ahhh...finally...i saw the deleted scenes.

Ok, the podrace scenes were in some parts good and in some parts bad...i didnt liked the Eopie scene...nor the part on which Anakin rejoins the cable of his podracer...but i liked the part when the Tusken Raiders are aiming at the jawas...and the part on which Sebulba is burning another pod.

The part on which Qui Gonn destroys the probe droid explains why they are running in the desert...(although the ones that read the book...like me, hehehe already knew this)

I also wanted to see the scene on which Qui Gonn is forcing back Darth Maul.

The Aanakin fight with Greedo is just pointless...good thing the cutted that one.

The scene on which they are escaping the waterfall after leaving the Bongo in Naboo was also wisely cutted.

Anyway...the point of this DVD was to watch the movie in superior quality...have u seen it with a Hometheatre audio??? It sure feels u are in the movies again...

Have fun guys!!
    As always...........L

Nine years later, the extended scenes are still annoying.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Maybe they'll improve by the 10th anniversary edition.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by Bel-Cam Jos View Post
    Maybe they'll improve by the 10th anniversary edition.
    The 10th anniversary edition that never materialized last year?
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

No, I was going by Chux's inferred reference to the 10th anniversary of responses in this thread.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks View Post
    The 10th anniversary edition that never materialized last year?
    Oooooooooh, BURN! He got you good, George!
    Tommy, close your eyes.