Aww, they got dandruff on the new AT-AT

What the hell?!? This is so lame I don't even wanna post it in the SSG news (though I probably will tomorrow or Sunday) - I found this on SW.com this evening: http://www.starwars.com/collecting/n...cc_atat_bg.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I think they took a fantastic sculpt and gave it a great paint job with the weathering... but then they put that stupid white snow crap all over it and ruined it's Endor and other non-Hoth possibilities! What the hell were they thinking? It's bad enough they've cut the figures, but if they're gonna rerelease old AF with better paint jobs, why slop it up like this?!? I wonder if the inside of the legs is going to remain as unpainted as the photo-prototype in the pic above as well.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Yeah,.......

but the paint job on the new snowspeeder looks excellent.

Bc3

Looks like one of those cheap Christmas display things that you'd find for $3. Anyone else think the rehashed molds should be released as half price?
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I've been happy with the other repaints but the new AT-AT looks awful. Here is the aforementioned Snowspeeder which I am pleased with (as pleased as I can be for getting another repaint).

That AT-AT stand has a recess for figures... Hmmm...
    Nice paint jobs. And for non-hoth displays / playing, there's still the old sans snow versions of the AT.
    I'd take a barely average paint job on an actual EP2 new ship over all these nice re-paints, though.
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}

I'm not impressed by the snow either, it looks like someone was eating a powdered donut overhead.
    The weathered paint looks good though, so I don't think it's all bad.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Anyone else think the rehashed molds should be released as half price?
    ME! If Hasbro didn't pay a design team to make it, I don't think they should get to charge the same price for it. All they're doing is taking molds they bought and adding new paint apps, hardly seems fair to ask the same $$$ when they don't even include a fig.

Gald, if Hasbro continues this "no-figs" thing and keeps the line going, is there going to be a generation of AF fans that don't know about the figures?!? (feels a bit like when Hasbro took Takara's Diaclone line and turned it into Transformers but without the micro-pilots... hmm, is this a pattern I'm seeing?)

Haggie, the "new" Snowspeeder does look nice, but any customizer could have done that, it's just a nice paint wash.

Swaffy, that stand is a rehash of the original af AT-AT stand, that's probably why it has spots for figs. My original af AT-AT seems so plain now compared to this new paint job, I gotta learn how to do custom paint washes.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    I gotta learn how to do custom paint washes.

Me too! If anyone is truly experienced at this sort of thing, would you please try to share your technique with the group?
    {{{r2dee2}}}
    {{{VT}}}