Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Just My Humble Opinion

Me thinks that Darth Vader with removable helmet has to be one of the MOST overrated figures ever. There were so many other figures of equal detail and sculpt in the POTF2 line. One magazine poll even had Vader in the top ten for best action figures ever made.

Don't get me wrong. It's great. But it's not the greatest.

JMHO.
    The movie changed my life. It was much better than Cats. I'd go see it again and again and again.

Angry

The Weequay Skiff Guard . It's really detailed and I like that part about it , but it comes with a blaster rifle and the figure can't even hold the darn thing . What's the point of giving it a blaster rifle if it can't hold it ?
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

Cool

Well, there are MANY!

Vintage: Amanaman, the high price and the ugly character make this a real bomb.

POTF2 (EU): Darktrooper, again too high a price for an ugly, bulky lump of plastic.

EP1: Jar-Jar Naboo Swamp (AKA Swimming Jar-Jar), not even the articulated ankles could justify this figure!

POTJ: Boss Nass, another lousy lump of plastic!

These are just the top ones for each line!

BTW Removable Helmet Vader is still the BEST figure of any of the lines!
    May the force be with you.

I never really saw that much in the Removable helmet Vader, compared to the other freeze frame figs. The Vader is an excellent figure but nowhere near my top 10 faves of the new line.

I also didn't like the commtech Stormtrooper as much as everyone else.

Originally posted by sith_killer_99
    BTW Removable Helmet Vader is still the BEST figure of any of the lines!
    I don't think so There are much better figures out there than him
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Whatever

R/H Vader ROCKS

He's on almost every collectors top 10 list.

He's also one of the most original figures Hasbro has come up with, along with Dagobah Vader and more recently Emperor's Wrath Darth Vader.

Is anyone noticing a trend here?

Kind of makes you wonder what the next Gimmick Vader will be.

I totally agree with you, though, on RH Vader being on many fans most wanted lists. I remember when I first saw the new POTF line back in 1986 (a year late, I know) my first reaction was "What? No removable Helmet Vader?" When I first saw the POTF2 line-up my immediate reaction was pretty much exactly the same. I do believe that RH Vader was the best Vader when he was released, however Hasbro could improve on him still. Other Vader's have come out since that are far superior in terms of sculpting. Maybe a resculpted Deluxe version, similar to the rescultped Slave Leia, will be making it;s way to our shelves soon.

How about an ultra-supreme deluxe Darth Vader

I'd like to see a Darth Vader with 2 piece removable helmet. A better sculpt, with cloth capes, and removable hand.

The key to the best Vader of all time is:

1. Articulation-Ball shoulder joints, knee articulation, along with the standard Vader articulation (elbows, wrists, etc.)

2. Sculpt-He should have a really good head and helmet sculpt. Size is also key here. Personaly I think the CT Vader was too skinny, while the POTF2 Vader was too buff.

3. Accessories-In this case he would have 2 pieces to his helmet. But he should also have a removable lightsaber hilt, like the POTJ Old Ben Kenobi, as well as a full lightsaber.

4. Cloth Capes- I like the double capes, but they should be made of cloth. The probelm I have with cloth capes is the material. I think Hasbro should use a heavier mateial for the cloth capes.

This would be the best Darth Vader ever, IMO!

Is anyone noticing a trend here?
    I guess you seem to like Darth Vader
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Re: How about an ultra-supreme deluxe Darth Vader

1. Articulation-Ball shoulder joints, knee articulation, along with the standard Vader articulation (elbows, wrists, etc.)
    If the ball joints look anything like the CTC Stormtroopers then no thanks. However, Bespin Capture Han had fairly decent ball-joint shoulders. Something like that would be easily concealable by the cloth cape.

As for size, he should be the same size as the Sith Lord two-pack Vader. That one was perfect!