Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yeah, when people try to pretend they are clairvoyant kind of takes all the fun out of the idea. One comment in the forums I read was asking about a Rebel Fleet Trooper action figure and the guy says, "I feel like I have to wait until 1996 for this figure."
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I wonder if back in the day if people would still gripe about all the things they hate about star wars...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Originally posted by Sith Worm
    I wonder if back in the day if people would still gripe about all the things they hate about star wars...
    I highly doubt it since back then collecting toys and watching sci-fi were still considered primarly childish pursuits. Any adults who collected the toys probably didn't make too much of a fuss about the them because they would almost always be met with the reply, "Aren't you a little old to be playing with toys?"

As for the movies themselves, I don't think too many people took it as seriously as they do today so little discrepencies were generally overlooked or dismissed as too trivial to waste a thought on.

Of course, now that sci-fi is a billion dollar business, expectations rise to, some believe, unachievable levels.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Good points biggin' I was just making A rude comment because so many people gripe about what they love...
    "One day I will become the most powerful Jedi (Sith) ever." Anakin Skywalker, Epi.II

Yoda is forever my hero now...

Man, to get that descriptive of a review on the HS, I get the feeling like the guys on that site actually had to watch the thing again.

Arrrr.....
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

Originally posted by bigbarada
    One comment in the forums I read was asking about a Rebel Fleet Trooper action figure and the guy says, "I feel like I have to wait until 1996 for this figure."
    He had the force to forsee it I wish I had that power
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious