Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Star Wars Toy site in 1978

Not trying to spam but wanted to tell fans of the old toys about this site I found. It's a site that takes place in 1978. They post rumors, news, release dates and more about the vintage Star Wars line. They also talk about the release of the Star Wars sequel, they call it Star Wars II but we all know it is Empire. Check it out! Its pretty cool! And funny in some places. the URL is www.FirstStarWars.8k.com

Exclamation

I liked the April Fool's joke this (or last?) year on starwars.com witht the green text and old phrases. That was cool, or groovy.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
    I liked the April Fool's joke this (or last?) year on starwars.com witht the green text and old phrases. That was cool, or groovy.
    Did you vote in the poll as to whether Luke or Han should be Leia's boyfriend? I picked Luke.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    Did you vote in the poll as to whether Luke or Han should be Leia's boyfriend? I picked Luke.
    You have one sick mind
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Hey there Banky!

I hadn't been to that site myself... it's good fun, eh? Thanks for posting it!!! No "spam" taken...

BTW- welcome to the forums!!!

-DEH2
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

thanks for the welcome, its fun here so far.
    Take a look at the site, they could really sure the hits. They have a lot of plans for the site but want to wait until they can get more to the site.

Banky
    Relive Star Wars! See it, as it all happened! Only at The First Star Wars Website! (www.firststarwars.8k.com)

Cool site! Brings back memories[Oops giving away my age]
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

Thumbs up

The site is pretty cool, however one minor quibble: the Tusken Raider wasn't refered to as such (at least in action figure form) until ROTJ. SW and ESB cards listed him as "Sandpeople." Like I said, minor. Oh, and you guys misspelled Stormtrooper in your Released list.

Other than that, great site and a really cool concept!
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by bigbarada
    The site is pretty cool, however one minor quibble: the Tusken Raider wasn't refered to as such (at least in action figure form) until ROTJ. SW and ESB cards listed him as "Sandpeople." Like I said, minor. Oh, and you guys misspelled Stormtrooper in your Released list.
    and the should have a vinyl cape, but that would be asking for to much now
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

I finally had a chance to check out this site at full today. It is a great idea and a lot of fun. It seems that the sites authors have a tendency to fall into the familiar trap of retro history, that of being too contemporary when trying to sound like something out of the past. This is not a complaint, mind you, just an observation. I was 12 when the Early Bird Set was released for Christmas of 1977, and 13 when I got the Cantina Playset. I grew up with the emergence of the entire Star Wars line, so there were a few points where the sentiments expressed seemed too modern, like that of the hope that the X-Wing Luke would have a removeable helmet. We weren't thinking removeable helmets back then.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.