Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

New York Yanky's Question

A couple of years ago the company that owns The New York Yanky's bought the English soccer team Manchester United, today I bought the new replica shirt made by Nike, the old shirt used to be made by Umbro, and the sponser across the bottom of the shirt is Vodafone, does this meen that the Yankee's shirts have Nike and Vodafone on them?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

What's Vodafone?
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

I believe Vodafone is a British company that probably has some sort of commercial connection to the Manchester team. Vodaphone has no operations in the US, so they would never have adverts here. FYI- Major League Baseball jerseys have nothing but the team logo and the manufacturer of the shirt- which I think is Nike.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Only soccer jerseys have propaganda...but not the ones that belong to teams in the MLS.
    As always...........L

The Yankees game jerseys are supplied by Russell Athletic (have been since the early-mid nineties), and have a small "R" on the sleeve. Most MLB jerseys have one of two "R"'s on the sleeve, some produced by Russell, while some are produced by Rawlings. There are also a few teams who have uniforms supplied by Majestic, who sport their moutainside logo on the sleeve. This is probobly much more than you wanted/needed to know, but I figured I'd just let it all out anyway.
    Star Wars : The Arcade Game (Atari 2600) World Champion

Originally posted by Lobito
    Only soccer jerseys have propaganda...but not the ones that belong to teams in the MLS.

I wouldn't be too sure. I remember a few years back when the bulk of the teams had mastercard on the back of their jerseys, below the numbers, and something on the left sleve...unless its changed they did have some advertisment.

Originally posted by tjovonovich

I wouldn't be too sure. I remember a few years back when the bulk of the teams had mastercard on the back of their jerseys, below the numbers, and something on the left sleve...unless its changed they did have some advertisment.

I'm an avide baseball fan and don't remember any teams haveing a mastercard logo on thier game uniforms. Perhaps on the All Star Uniforms, but I don't think that even happened. It's a big deal that MLB isn't owened by advertisers. They put ads in the parks, on TV, and even during free give a ways, but not now and hopefully not ever will MLB teams have ads on them like the Primier League.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Sorry I was talking about the soccer teams in the USA.

I remember DC United having that Mastercard logo on their backs under their numbers

Oh, I see. Yes, that may be true. I can't say one way or another about the MLS teams.
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

Originally posted by icatch9
    not ever will MLB teams have ads on them like the Primier League.
    Do you meen the Premier League, as in the top division in English football?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008