Question Storing carded figures (humidity)

First things first.. yes, we all now the humidity is baaaad for storing figures but the reality is with another one on the way, my figs MUST go into the garage. No other choice.

My question is are there any tricks to minimize the impact humidity may have on the plastic (i.e. holes in the bins for circulation, etc.). Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Holes in the bins???? what are "bins"??

Cheaply - get a good box and put Duck tape over all the cracks to seal the box.

or get Starcases (those plastic case "boxes")

or ???????anyone got something better????

Lightbulb

Originally posted byDarth Vellner:
    Holes in the bins???? what are "bins"??
    I'd say they're plastic containers with sealing lids. Or mwilson5150 is so rich, he stores things in his "Mercedes Bins.
    "That's what Sheev said."

Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos

I'd say they're plastic containers with sealing lids. Or mwilson5150 is so rich, he stores things in his "Mercedes Bins.
    Mercedes Bins - Ha Ha LOL!!!! :happy:

All figures, over time, will eventually start going bad. I have seen Stormtroopers turn yelow, as well as the blisters on the card. We have to remember that back in the early 80s, toy companies weren't using the very best long lasting plastic that they are using today....so it is only natural for figures to do this...no matter how you store them. The real trick is slowing this process down. I don't think that there is a definitive answer to this question....
    Urban Exploration - It's a rush!