Get Silver Anniversary R2-D2 by buying ATTACK OF THE CLONES ON DVD or VHS

I have this theory. A while back Hasbro said that you get the R2 with a purchase of around $25 or $30. And, just recently it was announced we would be able to get it in October. Guess when the pre-order for the VHS and DVD is. October 9th. What do you guys think. If it is true I will be very happy because that will mean I will not need to buy more toys that I already have. And, as if the DVD is not good enough.
    Come vote in my Best Figure thread this Preview Month.

Doubt it, because the giveaway is supposed to occur in October, and E2 isn't being released until November 12th. And when you pre-order a movie from TRU, you only put $5.00 down. So people could pre-order 10 copies and get 10 R2's to scalp, and just never go back and pick up the movies. I did that to get one of the exclusive TRU plastic VHS cases back in 2000.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Dreams DON'T come true...
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

I'm not saying I'm going to do this, but I'm asking out of curiosity.

What if you bought a bunch of SW stuff, got one or two free R2s, and then later took everything back but the R2s. Would they ask for the R2s back too?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

What if you bought a bunch of SW stuff, got one or two free R2s, and then later took everything back but the R2s. Would they ask for the R2s back too?
    Maybe... TRU could do this by having enough fore-though to put the R2 on the Receipt and say no R2, no return.

Of course, if that were the case, the Scalpers would just return the stuff they bought to a different TRU without the receipt and just get store credit.... which they could use to buy more stuff to get another R2

Max Power

what you could do is buy a Republic Gunship which should be out by that time and would definitely cover the $25-30
    Red 6 or Bust - 2005 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    bith tannen - 2006 SSG Fantasy Football Champion
    red 6 - 2008 SSG Fantasy Football Champion

There was a thread a while back stating that scalpers were going to buy sw to get the R2 figure then return the sw stuff and keep the R2. I don't think this R2 is going to be selling for much though once it is released unless they pull a Sacul on us.
    "hopped up on Jar Jar Binks"

Remeber when they where giving away TPM WS free with $50.00 or more purchase a few months ago? Well, most TRU had sighns up, bue most employees didn't have a clue what the deal was. I bought $50 woth of Star Wars stuff and just showed the service desk my receit. I could of bought $50 worth of Twix bars and they wouldn't have known. I just returned the stuff a few days later and keept the video. So, I got it for free without havening to buy anything. A little underhanded, but I don't care. TRU makes more money than me . I'd say this will happen with the R2 if employees arn't up to snuff on thier job. It certainly needs to be on the receit, or something or people will do this every day . I woulnd't by that time there will be several things I need to buy (ie new figures, Gunship, X Wing, Areana, Landspeeder.) I think we'll have plenty of new stuff to buy without haveing to buy doubles of older stuff .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.