Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Gawd-Offal series that was short lived that you remember.

I remember a weird show called the "The Famous Teddy Z"
    It was about a Greek guy who lived at home who became a Hollywood agent. I tried watching it but it was duller than dull.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

There was once a show called "Oops!" or "Whoops!" about the aftermaths of a nuclear holocaust and the only survivors are six one-dimensional, shameless stereotypes. After the loss of billions of human lives these six decide that they must repopulate the planet. Oh yeah, it was a sitcom. Nuclear holocaust and trite characters! It's a recipe for comedy!

Another one was called "Herman's Head" about some shmuck and his neurosis given human form inside his head. Whenever three seconds of life pass by for Herman we are treated to five minutes of these four facets of his personality battling it out before he makes a decision. Confused? Try watching the show, then you'll be confused and bored.

Another one that I actually watched in syndication (although why anyone would broadcast reruns is beyond me) was "My Mother the Car." About a guy whose mom gets reincarnated into a car, owned by her son. Never has watching a man hose down his car or change the oil taken on so many disturbing Freudian subtleties.

bigB, that's funny - someone mentioned Herman's Head in the "good cancelled shows" thread. JT maybe?

I don't remember Whoops! at all, but I noticed TV Guide fit it in the Worst 50 list. Hogan's Heroes is on there too, but I think they used it to spark controversy.

I thought "Whoops!" was actually funny, the ensemble cast and really out-there gags made it work. I especially remember one ep with mutant squash that said "maaa!".

I also liked "Herman's Head", which ran right before or after Whoops, IIRC. I wasn't the first one to mention it in that thread Caesar.

I thought "Top of the Heap" should never have been born (spin-off from Married With Children) and didn't die soon enough. The gags were just NOT funny and the situation wasn't ANYTHING, it's like they sneezed out a concept and called it a show.

I'm lucky, I rarely remember the bad ones.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

What was Top Of The Heap about?
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I noticed most of these are from Fox's early Sunday night line up. I was addicted to Fox on Sunday nights 10 years ago.

Herman's head
    Flying Blind (with RRRROOOWLL Tea Leoni!)
    Woops!
    and all of them anchored by The Simpson's...

Top of the Heap was about a garbage man and his son (played by Matt Leblanc). the only redeeming quality about the show was Joey Lauren Adams as the gum-popping next door neigbor was was always trying to get Matt. DAMN, she was HOT. I developed a crush on her that has yet to wear off.
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

What about "condo"?? "Check it out"??? The comedy "ER"???
    Those shows stunk..... on ICE!!!
    Something about him reminds me of my older brother, Rex.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
    I noticed most of these are from Fox's early Sunday night line up. I was addicted to Fox on Sunday nights 10 years ago.

Herman's head
    Flying Blind (with RRRROOOWLL Tea Leoni!)
    Woops!
    and all of them anchored by The Simpson's...

Top of the Heap was about a garbage man and his son (played by Matt Leblanc). the only redeeming quality about the show was Joey Lauren Adams as the gum-popping next door neigbor was was always trying to get Matt. DAMN, she was HOT. I developed a crush on her that has yet to wear off.
    How was Top of the Heap a spinoff of Married with Children
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Talking

How about Leonard Nimoy's show, Deadly Games? Every week a new villian from a video game would be brought to life by their leader, the Jackel, to destroy the world. It was up to the creator of the game to destroy the villian every week (ala "Power Ranger" style) in order to save mankind.

Who could possibly forget Cristopher Lloyd as the Jackel?

The Tick (Live-Action series)
    Wolf Lake (Should've kept Special Unit 2)
    Bob Patterson (I think that was the name of the show, it was Jason Alexander's show after Seinfeld)
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"