Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Jedi Master Points

I think I read somewhere about Hasbro finally offering something in the near future for us to use our Jedi Master Points on. Is this true? Does anybody have any facts or opinions on what the offer might be? They better not want receipts with the points! And I hope they will take old points as well as points from new saga stuff.

From the San Diego Comic Con Q&A with Hasbro.

One guy showed off 4880 Jedi Master points and asked when he would be able to use them. The Star Wars team has been thinking about them ("at least once a day"). There is a possibility of some sort of promotion this fall involving Jedi Master points, possibly connected to the DVD release. Receipts would not be required, if the Jedi Master points were sent in.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Thanks Jar Jar! Man I wish they'd offer a figure. I can still remember in '79 or '80 when I was like 5 years old checking the mailbox everyday for my mail away Boba Fett figure to arrive. Ahh, to the old days!

Jonna
    Now I wish that I hadn't ditched all those cards from the late 90's.

I bet all of us here have so darned many of those things, we could take over the world and use them for money exchange! That's IT...I'm on my way to Fort Knox NOW! Gonna throw all the gold away and put my Star Wars points in the vaults.

Hasbro certainly is NO Kenner! I really miss Kenner. I too remember being excited and looking in the mailbox everyday for my mailaway figs and such! Damn Hasbro!!!
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

We did have the Mace Windu mail-away in 1998/1999. People seem to forget that. I know that it was a couple years ago, but seriously it hasn't been that long since Hasbro did one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Hasbro is no Kenner AND no Galoob!!!

Hopefully the promo they come up with for the Jedi Points is along the same lines as the Han in Stormtrooper armor was.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

Originally posted by LTBasker
    Hasbro is no Kenner AND no Galoob!!!
    Wasn't Galoob the ones that had points on everything, but never did a mail away for anything?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Originally posted by JarJarBinks
    We did have the Mace Windu mail-away in 1998/1999. People seem to forget that. I know that it was a couple years ago, but seriously it hasn't been that long since Hasbro did one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    A couple of years??? That's 4 BIG YEARS ago! Kenner used to do them all the time! I still have all my boxes from all my mailaway items....from figures (boba fett, 4-lom, Emperor Palpatine, Anakin Skywalker to name a few), to backdrops, to figure stands, to accessory sets, to Hoth die cast armies and MORE!

Alas, though, we cannot be greedy and there is nothing in the Constitution that says Hasbro must live up to Kenner and have a certain amount of "mailaways" every year, but the point is that it was LOTS OF FUN getting star wars stuff in the mailbox when you were a kid and I think it would still be fun now! However, I guess we can just order stuff on-line and wait for that to come in the mailbox hehe.
    GIGANTA: A robot that automatically produces fun!

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Wasn't Galoob the ones that had points on everything, but never did a mail away for anything?
    But then again Galoob didn't make a history of mail-ins, while Kenner did, and Hasbro's tried to keep that up to try to show they're better than Kenner, but they failed and they're not. Hasbro just flat-out destroyed Galoob and you could order straight from them so even though they didn't have mail aways, you could get stuff in the mail from them so you wouldn't have to go to the store.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"