Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Herby
    They can't even decide what audience to advertise it to...they show it on Nickelodeon all the time, but yet no kids that age know who the heck he is.
    There's a reason for that, Carvey wrote the film to LOOK like a PG-13 film so the kids would be interested in it, but still actually be clean and PG-rated. Nothing has enticed me to see this film yet, especially when I learned that Carvey's main character has a cheeseball Italian accent. His George W looks spot-on though.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It's a kids movie, through and through. I can appreciate that.

I agree the Turtle stuff looks funny. Everytime I see the trailer at work, I chuckle a little. But it's playing at a different theatre in town, and i don't want to see it enough to drive over there on my day off and watch it. it'll be on cable soon enough.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

His best disguises were Prince Lalijamma, Turtle Guy, Mr. Peru, Terry Suave, and George W. Bush.

"I see you have small weener and tiny nuts"- Mr. Peru, holding a small hot dog and nuts
    If Yoda is capable of kicking someone's @$$, imagine what a muppet could do!

This movie looks so bad to me I don't think you could pay me enough to go see it. Dana Carveys character is the type of thing that is realy annoying to me. There are so many other, better movies that I'd rather go see. Like signs or Goldmember.

Unfortunately, the George Bush impression is done with a double and CGI use and then Carvey just does the impressions. But I will still go see it.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

in the words of Dr. Evil "I havent laughed that hard since I was a little girl"
    "Ha Ha Ha Hee Hee Hee, I'm a laughing gnome and you cant catch me!" said the laughing gnome....

- David Bowie: The laughing gnome.

Not a bad movie! :happy:
    Well, it's not that good either, but it was a helluva lot better than I expected . . . which wasn't much, because as I said awhile back I ONLY expected to laugh at the Turtle and Scarface jokes.

That Turtle was so awesome, I laughed the whole time he was on screen, and I didn't want him to leave. A +++ on that effort, and I think his Scarface schtick was pretty well done too.

Let me tell you, beyond those two bits I won't make any guarantees. Uhhhh, EXCEPT for the Jaws riff, when he pulls off a MASTERFUL and HILARIOUS Robert Shaw impression. Wow, that was quite a fun surprise !

The rest is pretty much hit and miss, there were plenty of times when the young kids in the audience really laughed hard, while there were several other things that made me laugh out loud too.

I must say that I really believe Carvey put alot of heart into this movie, however it does fall flat too many times.
    Still, at a short 1 hour and 20 minutes, I bet there's a good 50 minutes that I could watch over and over again.

Will I buy the DVD?
    Yes.

Oops, how could I forget to mention the delightful Jennifer Esposito ?

Alot of glowing reviews of the movie. I guess I will have to give it a rental. Hmmm, considering Caesar and I are usually pretty like minded, maybe I should consider outright buying it instead. It does look like it's pretty funny from the commercials I've seen. I don't know though, I hate to waste money on a movie I may not like.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Binksy,
    I think the DVD could be a "nest" of it's own ! I was looking at the awful movie soundtrack today, and noticed the face of at least one character that got cut from the movie.
    I'm hoping they'll just load a whole bunch of the cut stuff onto that disc . . . if not I'll just have to keep rewatching the scenes I liked.

If I were to purchase the VHS version, I'd most certainly wear out the Turtle scene. :happy: