Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Destroyer Droid Should Be Droideka

Who thinks that the Destroyer Droid figure for the Saga line should be called Droideka, the only reason that the EpI version was called Destroyer was because that was what they where origionaly going to be called, but changed at the last minute, so this time should it be Droideka?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

The Neimoidians refer to them as 'Droideka's' but Obi-Wan says to Qui-Gon "Look master - destroyers!" or something similar.
    So both terms are relevent. The correct name on the packaging should read 'Droideka (Destroyer Droid) Arena battle' or something like that. But it's a really minor issue in terms of renaming something. Mostly everyone refers to them as destroyers so that's probably the way they will always be remembered.

I see your point Jargo.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Still i think droideka, I think that "destroyer" would be Jedi slang for the droids like the rogues refer to interceptors as "squints" or bombers as "dupes". But still I think it'd be cool if it were labeled Droideka as its actual name.
    Yub Yub, Commander

They're Destroyer Droids, but to be lazy Rune calls them Droidekas. Do you want him to be strict and have to have extra scene time just fit in "Where are those Destroyer Droids?!?!"
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

i think its cause kids wouldn't be able to pronounce droidekas to there parents...
    "mommy mommy i want the droide....droide....nevermind, i want bob the builder!"

i need an ephant mon, who wants to help? :D

Yeah the name Destroyer droid is getting old, Droideka sounds cooler.

Well at least some people are agreeing with me!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

six of one half dozen of another. call it what ever you what i will still get one.

At least they're not calling them 'wheel droids'.

The canon explanation isn't clear about the difference in reference, so it's safe to say that 'destroyer droid' is the common name for them, where 'droideka' is the manufacturer's label.

There are probably a few dozen destroyer droid models in the galaxy, but for the movies, we're just concerned with this one; thus the generic name.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.