View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Semi-Finals - Fight Three!!!

Voters
160. You may not vote on this poll
  • The TIE Interceptor rules the skies!

78 48.75%
  • It's the TIE Bomber all the way!

82 51.25%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Semi-Finals - Fight 3!!!

The ultimate Dog Fight will be settled tonight as the last of the Classic Starfighters still left flying, duke it out for the title of Top Gun!

It's time for the TIE Interceptor to take on the TIE Bomber in an all-out match to settle which is the best!

The Galactic Empire’s TIE Interceptor features highly detailed sculpted solar panels, split in two, with each tip mounted with a laser cannon designed to let the pilot capture a target in a crossfire between at least 2 cannons at any time. At the touch of a button, either solar panel can be ejected off to simulate battle damage to recreate the climactic clash over the Death Star II. The Interceptor also includes one pilot figure, a slight variation of the TIE Fighter Pilot collectors found carded a few years ago. The TIE Interceptor beat the Rebellion's X-wing Fighter 125-105, to hold 54% of the vote over that craft. It previously defeated the A-wing in its Preliminary Match.

The Imperial Navy's TIE BOMBER was only just released about three months ago. It is getting harder to locate for many collectors who never found this ship, though online stores seem to have obtained a stock of them. Meanwhile, a brand new original body sculpt featuring twin body-pods and great details contributes to this first-time ever offering of this awesome vehicle from "The Empire Strikes Back!" The ship is quite a good sized vehicle and features an opening cockpit that holds one TIE Pilot action figure that's included! The difference between this figure and the carded one released in 1996 would be jointed knees, but it's equivalent to the pilot that comes with this year's Toys R Us exclusive, the Interceptor. Meanwhile, the TIE Bomber is a Wal*Mart Exclusive that makes a blast on the collectors' sites with 3 detailed plasma bombs that are gravity activated from a firing control on top of the ship's weapons module! The TIE Bomber defeated Darth Vader's advanced TIE Fighter 91-76 to be here. It also carried about 54% of the vote in its victory. Prior to that, the Bomber knocked the B-wing out of the competition before moving on to the Quarterfinals.

Now which will be the ultimate Top Gun?

The TIE Interceptor or the TIE Bomber?

You decide!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails interceptor vs bomber.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    The action you have attempted could not be performed as your session appears to be invalid. Click the below link to attempt this action again with a new session.
    What's that all about? I voted for TIE Interceptor but it wouldn't let me. Anyway, here's my write in vote.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I voted the Tie Bomber
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

I vote for the Bomber, the Interceptor was too wobbly-winged for me. Add to that the fact that it's essentially an inferior rehash of the vintage version (which had a light and sound) and you have one disappointing re-release.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Yeah, what is it with you guys? I voted for the TIE Bomber myself. It seemed like a no-brainer.

We all clamor for a ship that has never been made before, never been sculpted. Now (at present in the poll standings), we're turning it down just because a 1983 vehicle got new wing sculpts? O.kaaaaay.

While I don't think the TIE Bomber is the Top Gun, as a toy, it is better than the TIE Interceptor. I'd reverse that position if we were discussing Baron Fel's ship, but we're not.

Better than the TIE Bomber to me are those ships that already went down in this matchup:

X-wing for electronics and that it's the hero's ship.

Darth Vader's TIE, that it's MY hero's ship, and a great new sculpt, plus launching missles and pop-out guns I like playing with!

Y-wing, that it's still a great, detailed sculpt (actually, it's tough to turn down a TIE Bomber for a Y-wing...) but it has working landing gear and a gravity controlled weapon launch, plus cannons and an astromech.

B-wing, for it's sophisticated s-foil deployment system, landing gear, and gyro-operating cockpit.

Actually, the A-wing has more features than the TIE Bomber if you think about it, but it's just not cooler.

I think I'd rank them:

Vader TIE
    X-wing (a classic with updated electronics I dig!)
    TIE Bomber
    TIE Interceptor (somehow, more fun, easier to fly than most Rebel fighters)
    Y-wing
    B-wing
    A-wing
    TIE Fighter

My mood might change a different day, and I like the A-wing more than is indicated by this list, but ranking these is really tough when you consider all 8. We might do ranking polls here, but obviously it would turn out quite different from how I'd set it up.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I vote for the Bomber, the Interceptor was too wobbly-winged for me. Add to that the fact that it's essentially an inferior rehash of the vintage version (which had a light and sound) and you have one disappointing re-release.
    That's how I feel. I don't have the TIE Bomber yet, but I do have the TIE Int and while it's "ok" compared to a poke in the eye, it could be so much better.

I bet the TIE Int will win simply because it was easier to find. Add to that this thing of people voting for the toys based on the movie and you have a lot of votes for the TIE Int. I'm not saying everybody who votes for the TIE Int has those motivations, but I think it'll win because of 'em.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Tie Bomber because the Interceptors wings are a little too loose.

In this head on clash my Bomber outlasted the Interceptor, but just barely!

My only 2 minor problems w/ the Bomber is that it doesn't have a forward firing missile, and that the scale isn't quite right. It's fun to play w/ and great to look at.

I think that the Bomber should win, but JediTricks was right in saying that the Int will probably win.
    BAD needs: HK-50 torso, right arm and head
    YVH-1 head

Trusty traders / buyers/ sellers: Tycho, SK99, DarthChuckMC, minirock(X2), Lman316, Turbowars

ARRRGH!!!!! Why did you do this Tycho?????? The Bomber and Intercepter are my absolute favorite ships. I couldn't bare to vote so I had my brother do it. I don't even know which he voted for.
    [FONT="Times New Roman"]"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round.[/FONT]

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I'll agree completely with that.

Plus, the Bomber was just really well made for a first effort. The sculpt is very good and the bombs are kind of cool (though it takes practice to actually hit anything, most likely just like in real life ).

Not to say that the Interceptor was a bad ship in and of itself. It just missed on the design mark enough to come in a solid second up against the Bomber.