Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Star Trek NEMESIS trailer

I just got back from seeing the movie Signs and I was treated to the trailer for the 10th Star Trek movie NEMESIS. First off let me say that I am a ST fan but think the majority of the movies are somewhat lacking. Don't get me wrong I enjoy them all but I expect more from a movie than just a dressed up 2 hr. episode of the Next Generation.
    I think this movie is going to be the one fans like myself have been waiting for. First off it looks EXTREMELY DARK, and the new race of villans look like they're straight out of the movie Dark City.
    From the looks of it I'd say there is a large amount of action and without giving to much away I'd say some self sacrifice on the part of the crew. Since this is the final voyage of this crew I'd expect some major shakeups and dare I say it DEATH. Not since The Wrath of Khan have I been this excited about a ST movie and I have a feeling most of you will agree once you have a chance to view this trailer. If you have seen it already or want to comment on anything I've mentioned here post a reply I'm curious to see what evryone thinks.
    Talk Show Host Interviewing Joker: Your said to have only killed about 600 people Joker. Now dont take this the wrong way but I think youve been holding out on us.

Joker: I dont keep count. Im going to kill everyone in this room.

I haven't seen the trailer yet, but I have seen pics of the action figures of the villains and they do indeed look like they came straight out of Dark City.

If this is the last TNG-cast movie, I fear it'll be the last Trek movie. I don't think DS9 or Voy can pull off a movie at all.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I too have seen the trailer. This movie will probably be the best Trek film to date. There looks to be a lot of hardcore action in it. I can't wait to see the Enterprise take a pounding!!! I have read many plot spoilers on it and yes, there will be a sacrifice by a member of the crew. The source that I got it from has been 99% right about every Trek movie to date.
    Thanks to the too numerous to list traders here who have made my collection a bit more complete!!

"Are we ashamed of our own fate, or play the fool for our own sake?"

The trailer was great! I'm a fan of TNG (seen every episode) and a fan of ST in general. This movie looks great, but the action will have to compete with First Contact. But, that's neither hear nor there.

This is the first I'm hearing about the end of the line for the
    crew . It's sad really. I mean if they do break up. I can't imagin why they would. With the acception of Patrick Steward has any of them even been in any other moives recently? Why would any actor want to pass up a big payday? I'm sure this movie provieds a giant chunch of thier yearly income. I'll never understand actors . I mean after 15 as the same character, I think they'd be as type cast as they are going to get. A couple more movies arn't going to kill thier careers.

I agree that Voyager or DS9 might not be a huge box office hit, but Sisco is a strong character and some good plot lines could be developed around him and the station . Just MHO .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

They're splitting up because their asking price per movie is getting higher and higher as they become more famous. So even if they ARE type cast, they get a hefty paycheck at the beginning even if the movie's a flop in the end.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I saw the trailer on the ST website. Looks very good... it has to be better than the last load of crap.

Lets just hope they avoid the whole time travel bit. Star Trek seems to use that in half the movies and episodes. It's getting very old, Rick Berman.

Originally posted by JediTricks
    If this is the last TNG-cast movie, I fear it'll be the last Trek movie. I don't think DS9 or Voy can pull off a movie at all.
    I hope they don't even try to find out. Now an Enterprise movie might be interesting in a couple years.

Originally posted by LTBasker
    They're splitting up because their asking price per movie is getting higher and higher as they become more famous. So even if they ARE type cast, they get a hefty paycheck at the beginning even if the movie's a flop in the end.
    That's a real good reason. I guess I didn't think of that. Still, I don't think they are that famous. Maybe it's just me, but have they even been in anything else, really? I know Data was in Indipendance Day. But has any of the other cast memebers been in any other movies other than ST? I guess they do stage stuff, but that can't pay like a movie . I guess if you don't enjoy doing it that much you don't care. Ask 10 million , if you get it then great , if you don't oh well who cares. Still, I'll never understand actors .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

The crew is splitting up. It is suppose to be the last TNG movie, but all have said that there could be another if this one make really good money. I doubt that though. Star Trek flicks don't have a real history as being money makers. I do think that this one will be the highest grosser of the series. I have a ton of spoilers if anyone wants them. You guys probably know more about it than I do. I was at this site that has really accurate spoilers. Before First Contact came out, they had spoilers that were almost 100% on the money.
    Thanks to the too numerous to list traders here who have made my collection a bit more complete!!

"Are we ashamed of our own fate, or play the fool for our own sake?"

I've had the trailer on my computer for a long while now and I think it might be better than First Contact. It's an even numbered Trek movie so it better be good even though

***Spoiler***

Data gets destroied.

***End Spoiler***