Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down What do you dislike about SE additions?

I have some problems with the Special Edition additions.

Greedo shooting first. Plain stoopid.

The expanded musical number in Jabba's Palace- Joh Yowza looks awful. I feel like I'm watching Toy Story.

The Ronto walking directly in front of the camera while Luke and Ben are trying to dodge the Stormtroopers.

The beak coming out of the Sarlaac.

The shuttle shot in Empire- It disrupts the flow during an action sequence and the re-working of the music doesn't really work.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Only three for me.
    1) The new song at Jabba's Palace. Just don't like it, the older one was much better.
    2) Greedo shooting first, 'nuff said.
    3) Luke's scream after falling from the platform on Bespin in ESB. It just sounds funny, like they got someone else to do it for the SE...
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

I have only three, the musical in Jabba's palace, Greedo shooting first, and Han talking to Jabba in ANH. Jabba looks too fake compared to his role in ROTJ.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I don't like CG Jabba, the new Jabba's Palace song (Grr...I hate it...), and I didn't mind Greedo shooting first, but he hardly has the right to call himself a bounty hunter if he can't hit someone from 3 feet away with a futuristic weapon. One thing I really liked was the new Ewok Celebration theme, it was just fantastic, imo. The new scenes were cool at the end too, such as the pushing down of Palpy's statue, which was reminiscent of the statue of Stalin being overturned in Russia. The new end sequence was wonderful.
    "Ohnomyfriendthisisamistakeaterriblemistaketheyhav egonetoofarthisismadness!" -Count Dooku, AOTC

Greedo Shooting first
    Luke's scread,
    Musical Score in ROTJ
    CGI Jabba (if they're gonna do it then at lest do it good!)

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

1) Greedo looking like a wussy by shooting first.
    2) Cheesy CGI overuse (Why did we need to see a CGI speeder fly over womp rats?)
    3) The changed song at the end
    4) The terrible job on Jabba, would have been THAT hard to shoot a puppet Jabba on a green screen stage?
    5) Several things that should've been updated (Chimp Lady Palpy, the Rancor footage, Boba Fett's reversed scene and some of the errors in ESB where you can see through the cockpit) were sacrificed for CGI overuse.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

The thing about the Luke scream, is it looks like it was always intended to be there. If you look at the original version of Empire Strikes Back, when Luke falls past camera his mouth is open. So likely the just forgot to add the sound back in 1980.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I probably wouldn't mind about the scream but it doesn't even sound like Luke! It's like the "Noooooo!" in AOTC, you KNOW it's not Qui-Gon!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Originally posted by Pendo
    I probably wouldn't mind about the scream but it doesn't even sound like Luke! It's like the "Noooooo!" in AOTC, you KNOW it's not Qui-Gon!

PENDO!
    Yeah that's what I mean, I remember Lucas saying it was going to be in the original release but was forgotten. But it just sounds so...weird...

I dig the song at the end of ROTJ:SE and the endings on all the different planets too.
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

The Greedo scene is the only one that I can do without.

The Jabba scene could have been a little better done but I like it's addition to the movie. It provides some background to the Jabba/Han relation which seemed out of the blue in ESB to me.

The musical number was just as interesting as the original in my opinion. The CGI replacement of the lead singer could have been better but it was a step up from the footstompin' puppet.

I didn't quite get the Ronto scene. Why would you block off the whole frame like that?

The new ending to RotJ was a lot better and seems to be a lot more fitting as we understand the story now with the Prequals.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.