Deluxe C3-P0 Review

I usually don't review figures, so I'll try and be as accurate and fair as possible. I really had this figure on a bit of a pedestal because I absolutely hated the Saga C3-P0 and drooled for months over the advanced pics on SSG. I do very much like this figure, but there are a few minor issues I have. 3-PO's body looks very nice, though I must say the Saga one looks better (in detail anyway. At least the Deluxe one doesn't look like it has waders on!). The red battle droid is decent, though I'll never understand why they didn't make it with bending elbows. The heads are two of the more annoying things about these guys. The battle droid's head point a little far down for my taste, but I can live with that. 3-PO's head may be the most disappointing thing about the set. It has no detail, and worst of all, is a way lighter shade of silver than the rest of his body. His head definitely looks better on the battle droid than on himself. On the plus side though, the heads and limbs do seem to be very tight despite all being interchangeable. The crane did not impress me. Very cheap plastics. I don't know if it was just mine or what but the crane part that would hold the head is a bit warped and realy doesn't like being turned. Also, the figures, when stood up both seem to lean oddly to the left. It's weird. Anyways, I do like this figure though. I'm not good at number ratings so we'll do a high school report card style rating:
    B+

i got this thing too, and if you aren't blinded by the bad coloring jobs they did, the toy is a really fun thing to play with! on the down side, the crane DOESN'T like you move like you said and one of my magnets started falling out and it made me mad! Stupid magnets
    [FONT=comic sans ms]ok make me stop talking, it's not interesting anymore[/FONT]

Well... it Threepio leans to the left on this set... it'll balance out the basic version, which leans toward the right.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Okay... I agree... the Threepio is a little on the under detailed side. There are no gold highlights loke he had on the basic version. I am planning to pick up a second one to customise it and get it to look a little more like the basic version.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Both 3PO and the BD lean to their right on my version - and the BD will only stand when pegged to the conveyor belt! But I had a fun 10 minutes trying different body part combinations!!!

AS with Yoda, this is a very cool set to look at although it's playability may wear thin pretty wuick.

More interesting is that this is a 'deluxe' set, yet it is nearly as big as the POTF2 death star playsets!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

I like taking them apart and mixing and matching. My crane is very fluid in movement but nothing stops it from being pulled out. Having the blaster attached by a rubber band to the tray was a stroke of idiocy, it's totally warped... and since it was posed in 3PO's hand, it also warped the hand so it can't hold ANYTHING now. But the set is fun for the mix and match elements, I even like putting the backpack on 3PO and saying "Die Jedi Dogs!".
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

This set was . . . okay. I thought it looked SO cool in the advanced photos, but here on my desk it's rather underwhelming . . . C3-PO seems a tad bland. And I was hoping he'd be metallic.

Sorry, Threepio, you're still one of my favorites but this version of you is only worth a C.