Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Schindler's List

Man what an emotionally affecting movie!

Neeson, Kingsley, and Feinnes played excellent performances. Top notch.

John Williams wrote a brilliant soundtrack, that parts of his other movie themes remind me of (Schindler's) but don't quite hit that note.

The movie brought home the horror of the Holocaust and perhaps it is Spielberg's best film ever? He took on a very tough subject and didn't pander it at all. It must have been very emotionally trying for him, too. I mean it's so hard to wonder how on earth the hatred of the Nazis allowed itself to manifest itself into such organized slavery and murder in the modern world.

Have the nutcases in the Muslim dictatorships ever viewed this movie? I'm sure it's banned in Iran

Tragedy befalls a lot of different people - and this time it landed right in the Western World. That's one reason why we make such a big deal about the Holocaust (yeah, it's because it affected white people ) But prejudice against those who won't assimilate goes on today - against Mexicans, or whomever. No, I won't even compare the Border Patrol to the Nazi SS, and it's not the same thing, but this world has a long way to go still - and not just in the 3rd World.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Spielberg's best? I don't know. Saving Private Ryan would give it a run for it's money, IMO.
    But a great movie? Yes.
    The only problem I have with it is one thing that takes me right out of the movie, and it isn't in the actual movie itself: its flipping the mother f***ing disc!

And why 7,000 different war movie threads and not one "War Movies" thread?
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

In Slicker's absence, I nominate Bore of the Worlds as Spielberg's best movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketboy View Post
    And why 7,000 different war movie threads and not one "War Movies" thread?

Because the discussion will go all over the place. Movies deserve their own discussion threads (except when they're marginally on the same topic, like the 3 Indiana Jones films). A film about the Holocaust in Europe has little connection with Midway for example. If one topic or the other is uninteresting or all discussed, the thread will die out.

If you want to discuss another WWII movie right now, start the thread and I'll be happy to discuss it with you - or rent or buy the film in the case I hadn't seen it yet.

In fact, until Flyboys reaches theaters at the very end of next month, older movies are all that we have to discuss. There are a lot of them to be sure, but they certainly didn't all get made and shown in theaters at once.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

Neeson should have won the Oscar.

Its a phenomenal movie to say the least. And definatly one of Spielberg's best. I'd nominate E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark or Jurassic Park also.

Back when Spielberg made GOOD movies
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I bought Schindler's List last year, for whatever reason I have yet to watch it. This thread has reminded me that I really need to watch it, hopefully this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
    Because the discussion will go all over the place. Movies deserve their own discussion threads (except when they're marginally on the same topic, like the 3 Indiana Jones films). A film about the Holocaust in Europe has little connection with Midway for example. If one topic or the other is uninteresting or all discussed, the thread will die out.

If you want to discuss another WWII movie right now, start the thread and I'll be happy to discuss it with you - or rent or buy the film in the case I hadn't seen it yet.

In fact, until Flyboys reaches theaters at the very end of next month, older movies are all that we have to discuss. There are a lot of them to be sure, but they certainly didn't all get made and shown in theaters at once.
    It didn't really matter to me if we had one thread or one hundred. I was just curious since we have threads like the western thread.
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]He passes to Moses - He shoots, he scores![/FONT]
    Mummy of the raincoat is a gigantic trollop.
    DOMINATE!

I watched this once. I tried to watch it again. I wasn't able to. I bought it when it came out on DVD, however, so that one day my kids will be able to see it.
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by El Chuxter View Post
    I watched this once. I tried to watch it again. I wasn't able to. I bought it when it came out on DVD, however, so that one day my kids will be able to see it.

Daddy, can I have morphine?

I meant when they're older. I wasn't sure at the time if this was one that would stay in print, or one of those stupid "own it for a limited time" stunts El Spielbergo is fond of.
    Tommy, close your eyes.