Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by Fulit
    Yep, she bites it, and master jedi is right, palpatine makes it look like the Tusken's did it, but I'll give you three guesses who he sends to do the job..........
    Many other sources are saying the same...I just can't wait to see this movie...
    The Force is strong with this one.

Of course, that's my opinion I could be wrong.

Thumbs up

She's a goner.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Actually, I think I misread the title of this post. We all know Shmi is wormfood. However, Shimi I'm not too sure about, in fact I've never even heard of her until this moment. Can you enlighten us, KAM's bro?
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

I can't see the point of going to the trouble to design and film a tusken camp if the tuskens don't do it. Using the tuskens is a way of showing more clearly what a barren wasteland Tatooine really is. All the background to Tatooine is there to show how the settlers are like frontiersmen and the tuskens being indiginous feel resentful of these interlopers laying claim to their rightful land.
    The tuskens are known to attack local farmers and homesteads so if they come across a farmers wife picking herbs in the desert on their holy land they're gonna be a little ****ed and make the farmers wife pay for her actions.
    Aurra Sing was a nice two second touch in TPM but really the only reason she became such a cult hero is because she's hot totty in a red catsuit. I'd be very surprised if they used her again. And using Palpatine as the hand behind an assasination by Sing is just too obvious. It would detract from the human tragedy that leads Anakin to lose faith in his training. Much better to show him venting his anger in a more honest and straightforward way without any background complications and subplot.
    There's enough going on with Palpatine in the shadows of the galaxy, orchestrating the clone army and pulling strings in senate business etc. anything else would just be over egging the pudding IMO.
    And if Cliegg Lars is in his chair because the tuskens are particularly violent in that area, he having been attacked previously or escaped the attack while Shmi didn't....... Could Shmi be held captive by the tuskens ala an old cowboys and indians movie? Lucas does draw from those movies when seeking inspiration for the Tatooine way of life.
    I'm not really taking anything as read with this plot point, prefering to simply explore possibilities. We might get a clue when the trailers hit next month. It is after all one of the biggest plot points as far as Anakin goes.

youre right emperor jagro...to a point...

Actually I heard we will get to see the Jedi's purged. I read an article some time ago, right around initial shooting began for AOTC, and he said that we are going to see Darth Vader and the end of the Jedi in E3, of course he could mean that metaphorically or something, I don't know.
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

When James Earl Jones asked GL is he'd be needed for the prequels, GL told him, "Maybe the last five minutes of Episode 3."

So I think we will see Darth Vader at least near the end of Ep3.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis