Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't done any work with plaster or clay yet.

For the base, did you use foam and Spanish Moss? I imagine the foam could hold up any "trees" and give Yoda's hovel a foundation.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Originally posted by Rogue II
    Thanks, I'll keep that in mind. I haven't done any work with plaster or clay yet.

For the base, did you use foam and Spanish Moss? I imagine the foam could hold up any "trees" and give Yoda's hovel a foundation.
    This is a good starting point for working on plaster (preferred) or clay. You don't need to have it done very detailed and plus any mistakes you do can easily be covered with the paint job.

The base is actually a mat already coated with Spanish moss that I found in a hobby shop. I agree that styrofoam would be useful for the trees and shrubs surrounding Yoda's hut.

To create the misty/fog effect, I used the fine strands for the cobwebs that are used during Halloween. I considered using a fog machine at one time but it was difficult to control the amount of fog and direction.

You'll have to consider also the amount of lighting when you're ready to take the pics. Take it one step at a time, things will fall into place once you've started it.
    ACPin
    SSG Dioramas Editor
    ACPin Star Wars Webmaster