?????????'s about M.I.B.II...

Okay so this is probably going to sound dumb considering i didn't even see the first M.I.B. yet, but what were the M.I.B. figures like and were they 3 scale, and were they any good?

Does anybody know if there's going to be any M.I.B.II figures and what scale will they be?

Who made the M.I.B. figures and is there a website for the manufacturers if I don't already know them.

Just wondering about it all that's all this is. I was watching the trailer for the movie and thought it might be kinda cool to have some of those coffee quaffing worm dudes. They're kinda funky.

Thanks.

MIB figures were made by Galoob, they were 5" scale and they sucked. They had terrible articulation. However, I think they put out a set of bendy worm guys that didn't suck.

MIB2 has a small line of deluxe figures out now made by Hasbro, they ARE 3 3/4" scale and consist of:
    - Agent Jay (w/ motorcycle, figure's hands are sideways compared to other figs for motorcycle gripping), fig also comes with Strike vehicle
    - Agent Kay (deluxofied, has crap sculpted to his legs)
    - Anti-Grav Jay (gray trenchcoat, no sleeves, a bit "extreme" in the pose)
    - Worm Guys (2 are sculpted hiding in the included mini-ship, the actual figure ones have goofy clothes)
    - Scrad & Charlie (lame "normal" guy w/ extra head, arms are slightly "extreme" in pose)
    - Serleena (got green snake-tenticles coming out of back, making up forearms and stilty legs)

The likenesses are fairly crude and the articulation is basic, the materials used are on-par with Episode I-quality plastics (a little more rubbery than POTJ/Saga), paint is super-basic.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

So I can expect to se these things liter the bargain bins of TRU forever more then? That's great. May investigate the worm guys though.

Thanks for the info though JT.

Dunno about UK TRUs, but I fully expect to see all the MIB2 figures join their MIB1 compatriots in US discount basements soon.

The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

For some *probably* foolish reason, I bought the MIB Mikey "figure" on clearance several years ago. Jeez, I thought AOTC figures were gimmicked!

Hey JT, from that line I am only familiar with Mikey, Jeebs, and the two MIB guys running in crud. If they did make the coffee guys (this is the first I've heard of them), is there any chance they made the twins, "nidaluhhhhh & Bob" at their console? THAT would be an awesome piece, no matter how silly the articulation or gimmicks are.

I did a quick search last night and found a few interesting items on EBAY. I lost my connection before i could get any real info but apparently they did make the coffee guys or at least one of them anyway. They made a ten inch alien figure with a transluscent belly that held a Jay figure inside it. A vehicle with smashed apart feature, One of the characters had a head exploding feature and would regrow a second head.
    Fromt eh fast search I did it seems like the whole point of the toys was to explode or cover in gunk everything and anything. Sounds great

The search for the worm guys continues.......

I bought the Jeebs figure with his console for a dollar on clearance, the figure has a rotating head, one shot, one gone, one repairing. Even for a buck, this thing wasn't worth my time, but it had removable weapons and a cool display so it worked out.

As for the Worms, they were part of Galoob's "Bendable Alien Figures" series. Thanks to r2dee2, here's the original galoob page w/pics: http://web.archive.org/web/199905041...MIB/FOB01.html

and here's the large pic: http://web.archive.org/web/199707250...bleFigsBIG.jpg

Those are kinda neat! WAY better than those playsets IMO.
    Worm guy looks cool, but I really like the little Verne Troyer squid head. I may have to take a look on eBay myself.

No twins though.

The MIB figures by Galoob sucked! JediTricks said it all. The Hasbro MIBII are ok, but they will end up on clearence soon. Hasbro kinda botched things up here.

I've been casually looking for Serlena but have been unable to find her. Even after checking a freshly stocked toy section. Odd.
    "Maybe I can help you. I am Boba Fett. The ship you seek is nearby." -Boba Fett

I've only seen Serleena and Anti Grav Jay at a comic shop, they didn't ship in the first wave and obviously stores aren't ordering more so they're apparently not hitting shelves.