Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thumbs up Up to you

The only reason that I haven't opened all my stuff is because there is no room to put it all!!! Plus it stores better in the package when you have to move every three years. But as soon as I get a bigger place, it's RIPPIN time!!!
    "pork is not a verb"

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    So, are you saying that because a collector doesn't open his stuff that means he doesn't truly enjoy them or is planning on selling them in the future?

I think that is the general feeling. What's the point of a toy if it's trapped in a box forever? Didn't you see Toy Story 2? All that nonsense about the MOMC version 2.01 blah blah blah only matters if there are "value" questions. Maybe I'm wayyyy off base, and I'm sure someone out there will let me know, but I can't see the point of keeping stuff in their boxes or on cards unless there is the intention of making a profit later on down the road.

Ready, aim...

Originally posted by master jedi
    Are you serious!?! If I ever saw someone do this in person I don't know what I'd do.
    Yep, serious as a heart attack. Recent vintage carded figures I've opened up include:
    Droids A-Wing Pilot
    POTF Warok, Romba and Paploo
    ROTJ Rancor Keeper, Admiral Ackbar, Lumat, Bib Fortuna, Luke Jedi
    ESB TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver
    SW Boba Fett (on a REALLLLY crappy card, not even C-1. I'm not that crazy!)

I'm with stillakid and JEDIpartner, why collect the stuff if you can't play with it? Besides, constantly worrying about storage, lighting, yellowing bubbles, etc. doesn't sound like too much of a relaxing hobby in my mind. What's the point if it just adds to the stresses of life?

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
    So, are you saying that because a collector doesn't open his stuff that means he doesn't truly enjoy them or is planning on selling them in the future?
    If he truly doesnt' enjoy them his in the wrong hobby,I think the main reason is most people think that the new stuff is going to be valuable and thats why they come up with stupid excuses like "I like the way they look on the card" or "I'd loose the weapons if I opened them"
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Believe me I have no intention of ever selling my figs!! A friend of mine always teases me about not opening them. But hey, honestly, I do have a hard time keeping thinks like that together. And a figure missing a weapon or something just would feel incomplete and I cant let that happen!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Now here is a subject that will never die!

Carded
    vs
    Loose
    vs
    Variation

Collecting is collecting! It really dosen't matter what your prefrence is, we are all collectors here.

I just get annoyed when the rookies show up asking about the "value" of a 1/2 circle FF Boba Fett on a .04 card!

Who cares!

If your in it for the money you should find another hobby!

If you like the way Hasbro displays the new ships in the box, or the new 300th Fett (Hasbro made him a virtual statue anyway), keep 'em boxed!

I like to collect Foreign card variations of my favorite figures! I like the cards! I've also traded with people in at least 7 different countries, some of whom have become friends of mine.

I also collect loose.

My vintage collecting habits include C-9 loose and Carded Bounty Hunters! (see my post under VINTAGE "collecting style").
    May the force be with you.

Thumbs up Bravo!!!!

There is no 'right' way to collect. This is your hobby, as long as you are having fun then it's all good.

Re: Bravo!!!!

Originally posted by bigbarada
    There is no 'right' way to collect. This is your hobby, as long as you are having fun then it's all good.
    And if you aint having fun,your in the wrong hobby
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

GNTs right, Star Wars is all about stress and stress related heart attacks!

Anyway, about the weapons issue, when I get into something I REALLY get into it. I have all my weapons in a gallon ziplock bag *reinforced with tape at the bottom...dang lightsabers like to poke through*.

I can easily match all the weapons with all of my figures...I don't know why, I just can.

Although if I do get into a bind the Action Figure Archive helps alot too.
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by bigbarada

Yep, serious as a heart attack. Recent vintage carded figures I've opened up include:
    Droids A-Wing Pilot
    POTF Warok, Romba and Paploo
    ROTJ Rancor Keeper, Admiral Ackbar, Lumat, Bib Fortuna, Luke Jedi
    ESB TIE Fighter Pilot, AT-AT Driver
    SW Boba Fett (on a REALLLLY crappy card, not even C-1. I'm not that crazy!)
    Please, say no more. It hurts.