Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by master jedi
    Please, say no more. It hurts.
    Ahhhh, there's nothing quite as relaxing as blowing tons on money on Star Wars toys. (Money that should probably used to pay bills, but.....must......get......that.......extra.....Ch ewie!)
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Originally posted by Starfig873
    GNTs right, Star Wars is all about stress and stress related heart attacks!

I can easily match all the weapons with all of my figures...I don't know why, I just can.
    GNT is always right If all my weapons (95 and up) are put into a pile and mixed apart, I can tell which figure it goes easily,the force is strong with me
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

What was that famous line? Oh...wait I think it was...

"Great kid! Don't get cocky..."

Hee hee hee
    "Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast, and they be slow!"
    Check out my art at The Terrace Room!

Originally posted by GNT

If he truly doesnt' enjoy them his in the wrong hobby,I think the main reason is most people think that the new stuff is going to be valuable and thats why they come up with stupid excuses like "I like the way they look on the card" or "I'd loose the weapons if I opened them"
    Yeah, looks like we're going back to that good old debate of carded vs. loose collecting. Yes, the vast majority of my collection is still in the package and yes I'd rather get a non-tweaked card rather than one that is jacked up if I have a choice. I'm not going to even justify the whole "if you don't open it you don't enjoy it" argument. I enjoy (1) hunting around for the figures since many are very difficult to find, (2) finding the figures for the cheapest price possible, (3) displaying them packaged. I do open some up, but it's mainly just to give to my son if he wants one and doesn't have enough allowance for it and I really want to play around with him.

I have fun collecting and thoroughly enjoy it. If I leave them in the package, it doesn't detract from the experience for me at all. IMO it's all up to the individual. How can someone shove their opinion at another when it really is all subjective. Open them up or keep them sealed. It's all good.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by bigbarada

Ahhhh, there's nothing quite as relaxing as blowing tons on money on Star Wars toys. (Money that should probably used to pay bills, but.....must......get......that.......extra.....Ch ewie!)
    Chest.....pains.....starting.....arm.....going.... .numb.....

I say what ever you like go with. I am one who can't wait to get home and rip them open. There is something about being able to hold them in your hand that makes it more real to me.I don't care about future value because they are too valuable to me to ever think about selling them anyway.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

It looks pretty funny displaying them while still in packages. Kind of like a bunch of boys-in-the-plastic-bubble.

Originally posted by stillakid
    It looks pretty funny displaying them while still in packages. Kind of like a bunch of boys-in-the-plastic-bubble.
    "No, I'm sorry. The answer is Moops."

Try to figure out that bubbleboy reference.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Talking Freedom terrible freedom!

I always open everything up how else are they going to be able to breathe?
    Don't tell me my little friends aren't alive, I know they come to life when I'm asleep and one day I'll catch them running about in my lounge, why just the other day I went in there in the morning and found Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen on the floor infront of my Ikea shelving entwined in a tender embrace. Of course they'd stopped actually moving by the time I got in there,but I've seen Toy Story! I know!

I once had a nightmare that all my SW figures saw me as a ruthless tyrant and were plotting to kill me. I had them all displayed next to my bed and when I rolled over and saw them they were all just staring at me! It creeped me out pretty bad, so I locked them up in my C-3P0 case and never let them out. Try to stage a coup in my house, eh? Well rot in eternal solitu....oh sorry, is this thing on?