Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Originally posted by The Bald Ewok
    But its true!! at least for me!
    Why dont you buy a crate (with a lid) and put them in it? That why you wont lose them
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Its funny when you say that GNT.

Since I started collecting I've opened up pretty much every new thing I got with a few exceptions. And all the carded vintage stuff was hanging on my wall in my room.

Yet, this weekend I'm moving out and I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out how to transport all my loose stuff. Im not going to "throw it all in a box" like my girlfriend suggested, but I don't want to spend a lot of money to make sure that my loose stuff doesn't get damaged.

Oh how I wish they were still carded now. Everything would be a whole lot easier...
    "Watch this, I'm going to horrify you into a coma..."

I use those plastic stacking shelf things to store my loose items. You can find them at Target for around $20 bucks. They come with either 4 clear thin drawers or 2 thins and 1 larger drawer on the bottom. I use the thin drawers primarily for the action figures, standing them up in single file rows divided by cardboard. The big drawers are useful for larger things like E-Web cannons and Tauntauns. All of my ships and playsets are "stored" in their original boxes so the eventual "moving pack" will be fairly easy to do.

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by The Bald Ewok
    Believe me I have no intention of ever selling my figs!! A friend of mine always teases me about not opening them. But hey, honestly, I do have a hard time keeping thinks like that together. And a figure missing a weapon or something just would feel incomplete and I cant let that happen!
    I know what you mean...I open all my figures...and when I moved my collection around...I thought I lost a SnowTrooper's blaster and my heart sunk! Fortunately it turned up.

I repackage all of my figs into ZipLock bags so I won't lose anything. I grouped all weapons (Imperial / Bounty Hunter) and (Rebel) together and did the same thing with the figures. Once all the figures are in their bags...I place them in yet another bigger bag...and then I box them and clearly mark the box "STAR WARS - STUFF" I also keep all of the cards / force files etc... after I have opened the figures.

In my entire inventory...I only have one item I have never opened and that is a Tie Interceptor. I bought two of them when they came out...and I only have enough room to display one. The same thing will be true about the Tie Bombers when they come out. I plan on purchasing two of them...one of which will probably remain in the box.

When I started my collection I didn't take it very seriously and I opened everything and smoked 'cigarettes' around it all to the point that I ended up with an orange Grand Moff Tarkin and a few brown stormtroopers. It shocked me to find that my figures were ruined so I went out and bought everything anew and kept it carded. Then I stopped smoking in the house and banned smoking for everyone else. Then I ran out of room and got fed up of reshuffling all the cards to make them sit right and every time a new one got added redoing the display.......

I had an opening fest and tore open all those exclusives and rarities like the pit droid pack-in figures and the holo sidious and wotnot. I loved it and I love my figures loose to pick up and move around in little scenes. I usually have a couple with me when I type my posts here. I opened all three of my Eopies and every vehicle. Both interceptors, both y-wings and both skiffs. Nothing stays packaged but my second royal starship which will be sold one day when someone desperately wants one. but I really can't concieve of keeping figures carded unless you want a toy museum. To keep them carded and store them in big boxes in a closet is just lunacy IMO. Why collect? For the sake of it? For the prestige of having everything that someone else wants and can't find? To crow about it on a website and try to impress by getting your collection showcased on the official Hasbro site?
    I lost a scout trooper gun the other week. My dog ate it after it fell out of the holster onto the floor while I was playing with the trooper and typing a post here. I got a bit upset and scolded my dog then had a rethink and ordered six dirty scout troopers to ease the pain. It's only a gun. They're only plastic chunks of junk. There are more important things to worry about than who has what weapon. They were designed to be interchangeable and most characters didn't have weapons in the movies anyway. I chuck most of the accessories into a big box under the bed and forget about them. Sometimes I buy figures for the accessories not the figure itself. In those instances the figures get chucked into the big box under the bed and forgotten about.
    My personal take on this is that people who keep their figures carded have forgotten how to believe. Forgotten what it feels like to use their imagination. Forgotten how to play. I think these people will die early from stress and dullness.

"Why I will never open a figure again" I opened a few of my figures back in 96 and I have to say these are crappy toys. The paint is bad, articulation is horrible and what the hell is a 26 year old going to do with 500+ opened figures! Don't get me wrong I love all 500+ figures to death (Jar Jar being an acception) and hope to never part with them. I think the packaging is added appeal of the Star Wars toy line, Freeze Frame line was the best by far. I think they look best in package and having poor articulation is ok in the sense of a collector, but on the other hand the playability is poor for children. Hasbro knows that their Star Wars line is mostly consumed by adults so the playability for the most part has been thrown out the window. I collect for a hobby and never have or will worry about the value. Only worry how I'm going to afford my next find that I can't pass up!
    [FONT=Tahoma]I was born at night, but not last night.[/FONT]
    You Shouldn't believe everything that you read.
    (Like my posts)

I know there are a lot of you that don't open but for me I must.It brings back so many memories of when I was a kid.Put the lightsaber in the hands or the gun.Being able to touch them and hold them.[I'm not a strange person] I as a kid did not have many star wars figures and the ships,but always wanted them.Now that I older[so much older]I can realize some of those wants.The figures and ships that I have now will never be worth more to anyone than they are to me. So if you feel the same way.I say open and enjoy.
    "I have a bad feeling about this".

"Just when I remembered what it was,I forgot where I put it."

On the Bridge of my Super Star Destroyer... force-choking incompetent officers!
    Originally posted by Obi-Don
    I know there are a lot of you that don't open but for me I must.It brings back so many memories of when I was a kid.Put the lightsaber in the hands or the gun.Being able to touch them and hold them.[I'm not a strange person] I as a kid did not have many star wars figures and the ships,but always wanted them.Now that I older[so much older]I can realize some of those wants.The figures and ships that I have now will never be worth more to anyone than they are to me. So if you feel the same way.I say open and enjoy.
    I agree with you 100%. This is exactly how I feel about my collection....I too only had a few figures (10) and three vehicles (AT-ST, Speederbike...and a used x-wing that was missing the canopy and one turret). This is the driving force behind my desire to collect...is to relive a childhood where I wished I had a larger collection...and having the vehicles too! Now, I use all of my spending money for Star Wars: Classic Trilogy stuff. I can hardly wait for the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeders to come out. I would really like to get 2 Ties and 3 Speeders...but we will ultimately see what I can find at Wal-Mart when the do come out in March! I only hope that Hasbro releases Luke's crashed X-wing also...and a re-sculpted Tie Fighter! Let's not forget about the Shuttle that everyone in the world is waiting for. My only fear about this one...is that Toys 'R' Us has had the Tie Interceptors and the AT-ST exclusives...Wal-Mart has had the Tie Bombers and Snowspeeder exclusives...so Target is due for a couple of exclusives (i.e. Shuttle and crashed X-Wing). The nearest Target is 300 miles away from where I live...so I'm keeping my hopes up that a Target will get built in Bangor, ME!
    "The darkside of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be...unnatural"

"Join me... and together we can rule the galaxy as father and son"

I usually buy two of each, one to open to play with or do whatever I want with and another to keep in the packaging and collect. As far as getting the weapons mixed up, it is always a good way to see who had what if you have one of each still in the package, that way you know what they all had. SSG picture archive is a great place to look at also.
    "Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun."

The reason I open my figures, they're toys! What fun is a toy in a box or on a card?
    "I'm sick and tried of these motherfrakkking Sith on this motherfrakkker plane!"
    Mace Windu - Episode 2.5: Sith on a Plane