Is Shaak Ti a female?

While studying World Religions, I came across a Hindu term, "shakti", which means "power of the divine feminine". So I was wondering if Shaak Ti was a female. Does GL just go poking about religious books and crap to come up with names?

If not, then he's the Ru Paul of the Star Wars universe.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Shaak Ti is female. Kit Fisto is still being argued over, but the figure definately gives off a masculine feel.
    "It's bombs away for Iraq and on our civil liberties if Bush and his cronies get their way. Dissent is patriotic!"
    - Helen Thomas, veteran journalist

Journalists are mostly centrist in their political orientation. The minority of journalists who do not identify with the "center" are more likely to identify with the "right" when it comes to economic issues and to identify with the "left" when it comes to social issues.

SHaak-ti looks like Imaan. Kit-fister looks like the baby Will SMith delivers in MIB.

Definite drag-thing going on with Shaak though, more so than the original POTF Leia.
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Exclamation Kit Fisto...

Will be portrayed by Whoopi Goldberg sprayed in green paint!
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

Thumbs up

Shaak Ti - female

Kit Fisto - male (MIB alien = yes)
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

I sure do hope so.
    Hating aurra sing since 1999.

it's a pity that Shaak Ti is all bundled up like that in the huge voluminous robes she wears. I was reminded of Bo Derek in TARZAN when i first saw pictures of the full make up. y'know the bit where she's been captured by the tribe and is all painted green with nothing else on? I mean the facial aspect not the naked thing I was reminded that Bo had that same featureless look that Shaak has with an all painted face and black eyes. I'm sure Bo wore black contacts in the movie. i know I'm just reaching here but It did make me go "Oooooh...!" for a moment.

Oh yeah to answer the question, Shaak is played by a woman so It's a fair bet that she's a female. The costume looks feminine too. But looking at the pictures of Shaak holding a saber I'd say she's a fighting hellcat! ROWWWWR!!! She looks fierce in the movie stills and stuff. Shame the action figure doesn't do her justice though.