Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Never open again

Ok I think I have the number 1 excuse as to why you should never ever open up your figures.....because its so darn hard trying to figure who had what weapons!! I spent 3 hours trying to figure out weapons for some of the POTF2 figures...and it definately wasnt any fun!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

SSG is a great resource for figuring out which weapon/accessory goes with which figure. Just go to the Picture Archive and match them up. SSG may even have a picture of the mail-away poster of all the POTF2 figures which should be pictured with their respective accessories.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: Never open again

Originally posted by The Bald Ewok
    Ok I think I have the number 1 excuse as to why you should never ever open up your figures.....because its so darn hard trying to figure who had what weapons!!
    The #1 excuse in my book is that the figures will be worth more if you keep them in the package.

The only excuse i found is that i have no more room to display the figures...so they keep in the card until i found an empty spot.
    As always...........L

I wish I had the self-control to actually keep the figures in their packaging. I can't even keep vintage figures MOC for more that a few minutes. People think I'm crazy for paying $100 for a mint on Droids card A-Wing Pilot then opening him up within 15 minutes of unpacking him.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Oh believe me Madalorian Candidat if it wasnt for SSG I would be up the creek!! That was the only true way that I could figure who had what. I tried using the cards (or backing which ever you prefer) to figure what weapon went with who. Well, after going through every figure and realizing that I still had 6 left that wasnt on the cards. Then I decided to go to SSG and recheck them all. So thank you SirSteve, whoever you are!!!
    "Luke, join the dark side, it's so wizard!"

Thumbs up

BigBarada, i thought i was bad. I guess i have more self-control than i thought. I usuallyonly opne the figures I really like now, not enough room anymore.
    Last edited by evenflow; 10-18-2001 at 09:16 AM.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

My number one excuse for opening up my figures is...

I never had any intention of selling these once I got them, so who cares what the value is???

I'm gonna have to die first before these figures are either sold, thrown away or given away. The point of collecting is to enjoy them... not to consider the alleged "value" they will have on the market years from now. I bought the figure because I wanted it- let someone else do the selling. That's all I have to say about that.
    Last edited by JEDIpartner; 10-18-2001 at 09:14 AM.
    OK... I BLOG. YOU READ. at http://jedipartner1967.livejournal.com
    **Steven Sterlekar (1969-2001)**

So, are you saying that because a collector doesn't open his stuff that means he doesn't truly enjoy them or is planning on selling them in the future?
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Originally posted by bigbarada
    I wish I had the self-control to actually keep the figures in their packaging. I can't even keep vintage figures MOC for more that a few minutes. People think I'm crazy for paying $100 for a mint on Droids card A-Wing Pilot then opening him up within 15 minutes of unpacking him.
    Are you serious!?! If I ever saw someone do this in person I don't know what I'd do.