Thread: Windows XP

Hybrid View

Unhappy Windows XP

OK - So WindowsXP is out and preloaded on most new computers - at least the one I recently aquired.

The catch - I have been told, and personally discovered that most of the classic titles will not run on that platform. Has anyone else found this to be true? Is there anything that can be done to run the classic titles? What SW games will run on XP?

Looking for some clues as to what to do.

Thanks.

Actually I've found that most of the older games will run on XP, the OS that they really have a problem with is Windows 2000. (Much to my chagrin )
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I believe Windows XP also has the option to run a program with previous Windows setup. SOmething like that anyway, I ran across it when trying to do something else.
    "Roger Nasty Butler!"

The manufacturers of these software titles better upgrade this stuff with patches or there will be heck to pay!!!!!!
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

XP has compatability modes built in, so it isn't usually an issue. Except for GTA2. ****es me off.