Smallville Action Figures

OK, when will the Smallville Action Figures hit?

How many are there? What characters are in what waves?

Who is making them?

One more thing I might needlessly collect because I love the show too much.

What do you collect that you could almost swear you didn't need?

Let's take it for granted that Star Wars 3 3/4" figures, ships, accessories, and the Twelve Inch are standard staples that bring us all here.

I consider the following in my collection to be off-the-beaten-path stuff I shouldn't be getting and really can't afford (cash-wise and space-wise):

Star Trek figures from Art Assylum
    Star Wars Adventure sets from Playskool
    Star Wars Unleashed displays from Hasbro

Possibly add Smallville figures from ???

and if it happened I saw stuff I couldn't resist, I could be suckered into Batman items I'm sure.

I almost did Godzilla and Jurassic Park as well.

Sorry to post several topics into one, but it's all related. Respond to whatever comes to mind about this stuff - and with any Smallville figure information you might have.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

No, it's a valid point. I go mad over things when I first discover them. I am going Buffy mad and trying to avoid collecting the figures as they're too expensive. As well as te ongoing sagas saga!
    Look - I'm Princess Leia!

Tycho, avoid looking at the new Masters of the Universe figures, or you will have another thing to collect. I wasn't going to get any, then I saw a lone Skeletor hanging on the racks, and I had flashbacks of my youth. Damn nostalgia, thou have cursed me. But I have to say the new line is tons cooler then the old one.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

I'm not worried about Masters of the Universe. I was never into that. The new figures do look much better though.
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I found a little bit of info about the Smallville action figures for you, Tycho. They are being made by DC Direct and currently there are going to be 3 figures in the set. they are supposed to be released, October 2nd. This info was from RTM.com, and here is a link for bigger pictures.

http://www.toymania.com/news/messages/1682.shtml

Clark Kent (played by actor Tom Welling on the show), stands approximately 6 3/8" tall, has 7 points of articulation and thermal chromatic hands that change color. Clark comes with a removable backpack, a 1 1/4" block of Kryptonite and a collectible trading card from Inkworks featuring a photo of the character. Packaged in a 4-color blister pack.

Clark's secret love, Lana Lang (played by actress Kristin Kreuk), is now an action figure from DC Direct! Standing approximately 5 3/4" tall with 11 points of articulation, Lana comes with two pompoms that the figure can hold, a synthetic jewel Kryptonite replica of her necklace on a 18" chain that fans can wear, and a collectible trading card from Inkworks featuring a photo of the character. Packaged in a 4-color blister pack.

Lex Luthor (played by actor Michael Rosenbaum), is the charismatic character from Smallville who's up to no good. Now an action figure from DC Direct, Lex stands approximately 6 1/8" tall with 7 points of articulation, and comes with a hinged laptop computer emblazoned with the LuthorCorp logo, a LuthorCorp annual report, and a collectible trading card from Inkworks featuring a photo of the character. Packaged in a 4-color blister pack.

Here is a picture, and you can likely order them from your local comic shop, or thru some online retailers. These places have them for pre-order. They look to be running between 10.00-15.00 a figure though.

http://shop.store.yahoo.com/thunderm...lacfigset.html
    http://www.action-figures.us/productCat14454.ctlg
    http://www.heroesandtoonz.com/smallville
    http://www.nextgentoys.com/smalser1acfi.html
    http://www.alanscollectibles.com/product119.html - (Cheapest Place $25.50 a set.)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smallville.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	3234  
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Yuck! Thanks for posting the links and the pictures, JarJar, but I could skip these!

Clark looks to be about the best, but the veins on his hand seem apparent at all stages. Ewwww. I do give credit to the sculptwork that makes his figure actually look like Clark though.

Lex would've looked better with a different tone suit jacket over a collared shirt. Why did they make him look like such a hoodlum? He's almost a good guy on this show and he's also going to be a criminal mastermind with a lot of class. His action figure's not dressed that way! His head-sculpt likeness is pretty good though.

Lana Lang is unfortunately the worst! The sculpt does her sexual beauty no justice, and on top of it, why did they make her a cheerleader? She was only on the cheer squad for a couple of episodes before she started working at the Talon coffee shop. The cheerleader might be the classic Superman symbol of her character, but it's not at all descriptive of Smallville's Lana Lang! She should have been made wearing white or blue, colors you see her in often.

At any rate, I don't think I'll collect Smallville figures unless I get into a later wave that looks much better. Then I might try and hunt these down, or at least Clark and Lex. Too bad, as I'm a huge Lana Lang fan. But the other two are at least a little more useful.

I'd pose a Lana Cheerleader with a Letterman Whitney (if they ever made his figure). Clark would go well with his parents or a Chloe figure. Lex would look awesome with a figure of his father, Lionnel Luthor. Then I could see displaying these. I'd rather have a better Lana that goes with Clark. Oh well. There's hope. With the series being as popular as it is, we could see more like the Buffy the Vampire figure explosion. Smallville figures could be the next latest thing.

Time will tell.

I do like the Superman-esque outfit the Clark has on. Don't remember him wearing those clothes at all. Very planted.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

AHAHAHAHA! These look worse now than their original designs! DC Direct really needs to stick to the funny-book characters if this is the best they can come up with.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Jonna
    Now that is what I call some real ACTION figures!

sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm sarcasm

I myself am a Smallville fan, since Superman has been my favorite superhero since I was about 5 years old. However when I look at these figures I am not very impressed. I will try to hold my judgement until I actually see one and can hold it in my hands. Perhaps they will look better after that.
    As far as things I collect that I do not need, here is the rundown (besides Star Wars):
    -Simpsons
    -McFarlane Figures (mostly Sports figures)
    -New Masters of the Universe figures (I can't get enough of these)
    -JLA/Superman figures
    -Comic books (mostly Star Wars, Superman, JLA, X-Men)
    By the way, Tycho, the new season of Smallville begins on September 24th, if you didn't know already.
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed