Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Jango's name (and its inspiration)

I just thought I'd point out to anyone who's obsessed with Papa Fett my belief that, at least his name, was inspired by an old "Spaghetti" western by the name of Django (pronounced the same way). Now, I know that sounds pretty thin, but when you think about it, Jango isn't anything more than a futuristic cowboy, being a bounty hunter, and carrying dual pistols in hip holsters like he does.

Django isn't all that Jango-ish, but it's a pretty good movie in its own right about an ex-Union soldier who drags around a mysterious coffin. It's available in a two DVD set (with the lame official Django sequel) from Anchor Bay. I say "official" sequel because the Django series had more than sixty unofficial sequels .
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

It wouldn't suprise me that your theory is correct. There are some pretty bizarre connections to names and their origins.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

I bet any money that is the case it sounds to obvious.
    No matter how I die, even if there is a suicide note; it was murder. Cheers!
    MWHAHAHAHA!

Sounds good ........I heard some place that when Boba Fett walks around in the OT movies they added in the SOUND of Spurs on his boots (though he wears None!) like a cowboy has! {LIKE FATHER LIKE SON} So, Jango Fett being named after a cowboy movie (Django) sounds right.
    Last edited by Darth Vellner; 08-11-2002 at 08:14 PM.

Re: Jango's name (and its inspiration)

Originally posted by TheFrankEinstein
    I just thought I'd point out to anyone who's obsessed with Papa Fett my belief that, at least his name, was inspired by an old "Spaghetti" western by the name of Django (pronounced the same way). Now, I know that sounds pretty thin, but when you think about it, Jango isn't anything more than a futuristic cowboy, being a bounty hunter, and carrying dual pistols in hip holsters like he does.

Django isn't all that Jango-ish, but it's a pretty good movie in its own right about an ex-Union soldier who drags around a mysterious coffin. It's available in a two DVD set (with the lame official Django sequel) from Anchor Bay. I say "official" sequel because the Django series had more than sixty unofficial sequels .

TheFrankEinstein , you could very well be correct, George takes his names and story material from other older films, from his childhood.
    THANKS FOR THE AT-TE & FALCON HASBRO. NOW IT'S TIME FOR A LARGE TANTIVE IV!

I think it's completly right. Jango has allways reminded me of a cow-boy, the way he stands, the way he fights with two pistols, that look like little revolvers, and the way he lasoes his victims.

Any money that Django is his inspiration!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Hopefully some Jango-obsessed fan'll check out Django, now. Just be mindful if you've got a weak stomach, Tarantino also took "inspiration" from it for the ear-cutting scene in Reservoir Dogs. Thanks, guys.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

Well I've always said Clint Eastwood from "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" was the insparation for Han Solo. Look real close at his outfit.
    "Freedom is just another word for nothing left to lose."

Great job Thefrankeinstien Pretty cool observation as well as you Freedom
    "This Party's Over!"- Mace Windu

Jango a cowboy huh? I can see that.
    Yee-Haaaa!!
    "You know I love the guy but I swear he writes like freaking Yoda."-Dean Winchester
    R12:2-Be Transformed