Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Hybrid View

Favorite Star Wars game?

From the original Star Wars arcade, to The Empire Strikes Back on the Atari 2600, to Podracer on the N64, to Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight, what's your favorite Star Wars game? I mean on any system, handhelds included.

I suspect that mine would be Jedi Knight 2, but unfortunately I can't run it So I'm going to go with Obi-Wan for the X-Box. Sure, it's another game that didn't quite get the lightsaber damage aspect right, but I love controlling the saber with an analog stick and the intuitiveness of all of the force commands. I reckon my second place winner would be Episode 1: Jedi Power Battles (how's that for a breach of quality?).

An optional pick is your LEAST favorite, with mine being Episode 1: The Phantom Menace. I loved being able to deflect blaster bolts for the first time, but EWWW.
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?

The SNES' Super Star Wars series was the BEST Star Wars games ever made! The graphics are cool and look alot better than these 3D games we have now. The music was brilliant and it was true to the story and expanded it exactly where needed. They don't make games like they used to .

I'll have to agree with you about the Episode I: The Phantom Menace being the worst SW game. It was poorly made and when playing it you felt like it was just quickly put together with no thought. I hate the way you would sometimes fall through the floor !!!

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

I love Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2, as well as the X-wing Fighter trilogy. The episode 1 game was terrible, buggy and hard to control correctly. Overall I would say that JK2 is my favorite so far followed closely by X-wing Alliance (just can't beat flying into the Death Star)

I love both X-Wing and Tie Fighter for the PC as well as their numerous expansion packs. I could play those games for hours on end and often did.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

My Favorite so far is Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds

I also like Dark Forces (PS), X-Wing, X-Wing Alliance, Rogue Squadron, Dark Forces 2 (PC), Shadows of the Empire (N64)

Star Wars Demolition and Jedi Power Battles were ok, but not great.

The worst I played is Force Cmmander.
    Yo momma. That's right, I said "yo momma".

Well my favorite game is Jedi Knight 2 and then Jedi Knight so they're my favorite Star Wars games too. Then I'd have to say TIE Fighter, that game was just so much cooler than X-Wing. I never got the other games since back then my computer could barely run them. Dark Forces was cool too so that's up there. SOTE was OK, not bad at all but not too great. I think that covers it...
    "Adventure, excitement... a Jedi craves not these things." - Silent Bob, Mallrats

"In my experience there's no such thing as luck." - Ben Kenobi

Game discussion, all the time any time.www.videogametheater.com/forum

All the Dark Forces games are excellent and just keep getting better. (see Jedi Outcast)

I think we could have done without "Demolition" though or as I like to call it, "Twisted Metal: Star Wars".
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

I think Roque Squadren II for the GameCube is the best Star Wars game to date.

And I have to agree with you Bill, that Demolition game blew big time.
    Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter.

The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed.
    ~SK

and was there any Star Wars game mre impossible to completely finish than Jedi Power Battles?

Did anybody ever manage to finish this game with all the characters?
    [font=verdana]Madness take its toll. Please have exact change[/font]
    [font=verdana]Life's short and hard like a bodybuilding elf... - Blood Hound Gang [/font]
    I'm a trendy tote bag!

and was there any Star Wars game mre impossible to completely finish than Jedi Power Battles? Did anybody ever manage to finish this game with all the characters?
    I'm giving it a go (just started yesterday after a very long absence). But hey, when you're like me and don't care for the space battles or racers, you take what you can get that has lightsabers JK2 on the X-Box can't get here soon enough.

So far I'm on the second level with everyone but Plo Koon. It's gonna be a loooooooooong game. But where else can you see Adi Gallia fight underhanded like Zatoichi? She rocks in Power Battles!
    My name is Oobie Doob Badoobie.
    What's your middle name?
    Scooby Dooby.
    Oobie Doob Scooby Dooby Badoobie?