Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Leave GREEDO alone! (everything they do to him gets worse!)

Greedo shooting first?

Now Greedo being OLDER than Han? Han wasn't even born until 3 years after TPM, how can Lucas do that to Greedo's character?

Greedo seems to be older than Wald, and so I'd guess we're seeing a teenage Greedo in the cut scenes, and therefore, Greedo would be some 40 years old in ANH. (Vader was 41)

So how is it that in almost 50 years, the (young, new, inexperienced) bounty hunter doesn't know better than to keep Han's hands on the table?

Dumb. That wasn't Greedo. I'm glad it's cut. I refuse to believe it. If that was in the film, it'd be worse than Greedo shooting first.

GEORGE: Leave Greedo alone, damm it! $*#&$#@~!

I heard that in the next film Greedo will have a small supporting role as a sort of Hannibalesque character. He opens up a small lunch stand in Mos Espa called "Mad Man Greedo's Pressure Cooker" where he serves his special Rodian burgers to the local yokels.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I couldn't agree more. It also makes Greedo into something of a sympathetic character, which further ruins the cantina scene. And Ani's dark side came out just fine in the nasty looks he gives the Jedi Council.

As I said in another thread, I shall forever refer to this scene as "Greedo punched first."
    Tommy, close your eyes.

Question

Why are you so sure that is the same Greedo? I mean, there can be other Rodians called Greedo. Ive seen thousands of humans callee George.

Iprefer looking at it that way.
    Last edited by Sliver FBI; 10-18-2001 at 09:56 PM.
    "Marge! Is there another Man in the house!? A [COLOR=darkblue]Radioactive[/COLOR] Man!?"

Originally posted by Sliver FBI
    Why are you so sure that is the same Greedo? I mean, there can be other Rodians called Greedo. Ive seen thousands of humans callee George.

Good point about the name. As far as Greedo's age, how do you know Greedo isn't 100, or 1000? If you are basing assumptions about his age on the dreadful "Tales from Mos Eisly Cantina", then you have to throw Greedo's tale right out the door if Lucas is placing him officially on Tatooine as a slave in his youth rather than on his home planet as in the story. But then that just illustrates the lack of continuity and control in the supposedly tightly controled realm of the Expanded Universe.

For my money the problem is not so much Greedo's age (as even if he is 40 or 50 he may have come late into bounty hunting, not everyone who is in a given profession started in their teens you know), but rather his presence at all. It has the forced and awkward feel of Boba Fett's unnecessary appearance in the revamped Jabba Scene in ANH:SE. Like Boba Fett, Greedo's character is sharply diminished by this scene. Boba Fett is made out to be Jabba's lapdog (who just happened to be handy to answer Vader's call for bounty hunters in the Anoad system) and Greedo has the confusing "young Greedo" connection to the saga. Why does ABSOLUTLY EVERY character have to have a direct connection to the principle characters. Have you read some of thes backstory guides (Star Wars Encyclopedia and Essential Guides)? Even the lowliest Banta podo janitor in Mos Eisley (glimpsed briefly on his way to a mission) is either from Jabba's Palace, a Rebel, soon to be a Rebel, a bounty hunter who knows one of the name bounty hunters personally, or is in some other way directly connected, with the minimal degrees of separation, to one of the core characters (i.e.; had a run in with Han Solo at the Imperial Academy, dated Luke when he was on the rebound from Cammie dumping him, roomed with Yoda at the Jedi Academy, etc.). Can none of these characters simply have a story uniquely their own?
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

I agree with much of what JediCole is saying - (thank you).

However, be forewarned (and I know nothing - it's my speculation) but watch for how I'd guess George is going to tie Han Solo into this whole thing (I posted my theory in Episode 2 spoilers section) but I don't want to offend the sensitive here.

My idea about Han may never come to pass. However, that particular case wouldn't be so terrible, but fit in appropriately into some mythology pattern or another that I'm not cultured enough to point out to you at the moment.

Originally posted by Sliver FBI

Doesn't Anakin say something along the lines of "You'll come to a great end one day,Greedo" ?
    GNT
    ''
    You fool, my reach is far greater than the Jedi.Only a Sith can wield the force over such a great distance.'' - Darth Sidious

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    When we initially saw the casting sheets and they referred to Daniel Logan's character as a "mysterious young man" I thought Han Solo was going to be in the movie for sure. I let out an audible groan. Luckily, he is playing someone else...
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

I guess Lucas and his team could not find anybody else to pick on.
    Khoo-Ha...Please Pass The Jelly.

Lightbulb

I also heard that in EP3 there's going to be a huge pie fight scene, a la The Great Race. Anakin goes to throw this huge banana cream pie at OB1 but before he gets it off Greedo shows up out of no where and just smacks him with a rhubarb pie upside his head. The rhubarb is so thick and dense that it crushes him, thus requiring his use of the body suit and breathing mask. The Greedo scene will then be needed to be put back into TPM:SE to explain why he needs to get his vengence on Anakin.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas