Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Stupid Jorg Sacul dilemma....

Ok....what's the deal? I've heard a million conflicting stories. It "seems" this figure will not be showing up at the Fan Club or anything. "Broke the mold" and all that c**p. Fine. Same thing happened with the Eopie, and I had no problem getting it off Ebay for a painful $50. HOWEVER, when I pay $40 for a Mara Jade, then she shows up a few months later at the Fan Club for $10......THEN I get P.O.'d. So, what's the latest thing anyone's heard (if anything)?.......wait, or pay a scalper for an early Christmas present to myself?

Well, I am as much of an expert as everyone else on hear so just take my word as what someone else says. Though what I'm about to tell you has been said by Hasbro Exects on a couple of different occasions.

It will never be sold again. Now, of course you can get this item on the secondary market, but that's not from Hasbro. So, basically Hasbro will never sell this item again. They won't make another one like it. They have contracts with CII and Wizards to never sell it. So, it would be illegal for Hasbro to sell or give away another one. Maybe not a give away, but it sure wouldn't be a mass give a way. So, I hope this helps. Don't hold your breath to get this one for $10 that's long gone. Jorg is a different beast that anything we have ever sceen befor. The first totaly exclusive cast of a figure. $50 isn't that bad and make a great Christmas present .
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

So, what's the latest thing anyone's heard (if anything)?.......wait, or pay a scalper for an early Christmas present to myself?
    It depends on how bad you want it. Pricing will also depend on which version of Jorg you want (Light beard *more $$$ or dark beard less $$$)

I do regular weekly checks on Ebay for good old Jorg and have found that the number of listings have gone down. It was over 100+ just at the end of may, now it's down into the 40s.

As said, if Jorg ever comes out there's no way he's going to have the "Indianapolis May 3-5" marking on the back. I mean, why would HASBRO want to offer a figure to the public with that on the back if the entire public couldn't make it to Indy. Just doesn't make sense. So if that happens you'll still have a more sought after jorg anyway.

And that's it. If you have to have one, just don't pay over 80 for it. That's my advice. But be prepared for that much cause unless you were in Indy on May 3, there's no way you'll get it for 10.

I could care less what packaging it had, I'd just like to have one, and not take out a loan to own it!

Seriously, Hasbro could put it on a generic card and I'd be happy. He could come in a plastic baggy for all I care.

But then again, you never know what Hasbro has planned. They are after the all mighty dollar and all. They know Jorg is a hot item, hot items make money, and I'm sure they would rather have the greenbacks coming to them and not ebay sellers.
    " I think I have the SITH sense...I see DARTH people!"

You guys don't seem to get it. It's not going to happen in any form. It's not the packaging, it's the figure. No Jorg Sacul will ever be sold by Hasbro again. If they did Wizards would sue them for all they are worth. It's a contract and it's the law. Different package, baggie, in a cereal box, it's never going to happen. The Jorg Sacul Character/Figure cannot be sold again by Hasbro, by the Fan Club, by Wal Mart, by corperation. The secondary market is the last chance for it. I don't mean to be curt, but I don't want you guys holding on to pipe dreams. Get the darn thing now if you want one, becasue it sure as hell isn't going to go down in value. It's only going to go up.

Case in point. TF Vader in May was around $80-100. Now it's $150-200. That a huge price hike in 3 months. The Jorg is $50-80 now, what will he be next May? Or at CIII, how much then?
    If you want to find it you have to shop.

You guys don't seem to get it. It's not going to happen in any form. It's not the packaging, it's the figure. No Jorg Sacul will ever be sold by Hasbro again.
    I've always found that you should never say never, but Icatch9 does have a point. Even if it did come out it wouldn't be the same so why bother.

If you want the figure that bad just suck it up and buy it before it's gone. 80 bucks now or for even higher down the road?

Just wait until about five years from now, when you will find piles of them in the $1 bargain bins. An overinflated demand like that can't last forever. When Star Wars popularity dies again, the Jorg Sacul balloon will burst and you will be able to get one pretty cheap.
    "To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence… When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C.S. Lewis

Exactly what BigB says. Just look at some of the rare POTF2 figures that can be pretty much had for nothing when they show up on Ebay now. I remember at a point that Death Star Troopers and Ree-Yees and figures like that were hitting $40.00 on Ebay. Now look, they bearly even go for $10.00.

It's supply and demand. When he was released, the demand for one was high. It leveled off and is dropping rapidly. Wait a few years and all the people that were crazy enough to pay thru the nose for one will have one. The price has already stabalized, we'll be seeing prices in the $40's on Ebay, soon I bet.

The difference with the Jorg and the Toy Fair Vader is huge. The Vader was never intended to be sold to the public. Jorg Sacul was sold to the public, and in pretty decent numbers. If it wouldn't have been for the ammount of scalpers that hoarded them, they would be alot cheaper now.

Frankly, I have decided that I don't even care if I ever get a Jorg Sacul. He wasn't in the movies and all they did was stick a new head on an old figure. I'm starting to think the same of my Toy Fair Vader. Glad I was smart and put it in a safe place.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Jorg Sacul was sold to the public, and in pretty decent numbers.
    I can't believe you just said that. Jorg Sacul was a convention exclusive. If you JarJarBinks and you Bigbarada actually think Jorg is heading for the bargin bin you're nuts!

I find it very, very, very hard to fathom that it will ever become that easy to find. I think you both have Jorg confused with any pegwarmers currently at stores.

Yes, he was a convention exclusive. But he wasn't a very limited edition. They made what, 15,000+ of the damn things? That's not even limited frankly. Now the new He-Man: SDCC Exclusive, that is limited. They only made 1,000 of them, and they numbered them. I didn't say that he was headed for the bargain bin, but he certainly isn't going to remain as expensive as some of the other harder to find figures.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.