View Poll Results: SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Semi-Finals - Fight Four!!!

Voters
199. You may not vote on this poll
  • It's the Naboo Starfighter!

49 24.62%
  • It's Slave-One!

150 75.38%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

SSG BATTLE OF THE MACHINES Semi-Finals - Fight 4

The Semi-Finals end with this fight tonight, and we have one hell of a match-up for you!

The best ship of the Prequels will be decided tonight as the Naboo Defense Force's N-1 Starfighter takes on Jango Fett's Firespray dubbed Slave-One!

Padme Amidala takes the controls for this Attack from "Clones" and we see her bright yellow N-1 comes loaded with exciting lights and sounds. The ship makes a very awesome fly-bye roar past you, as well as breaks the silence of many of the later additions to the vehicle collection with some rapidly firing green laser cannons! In case that's not enough to defend the Senator, a proton torpedo fires hard and launches rapidly away from the ship to destroy Padme's enemies! The cockpit holds one pilot action figure, and also has a place to connect the Pilot Anakin Skywalker's flight control panel accessory. This gives figures a throttle and firing stick they can actually hold to command the craft. Finally, when the tail flare is added to the craft (for its basic assembly) the ship is longer than any other Star Wars fightercraft, with nice flowing lines and a cool, vintage craftsman look. In the Preliminary Rounds the N1 defeated the Trade Federation Droid Fighters 59 - 10 for a victory with 85% of the vote. The N-1 then went on to beat Sebulba's Podracer in the Quarterfinals 112-35 for a win with 76% of the vote.

Padme faces the 3 seat Firespray Class patrol and attack craft that Jango Fett has packed with hidden features. To start with, there's no tracking all of them! If you manage to attach a tracking device onto the hull of Slave-One, it's onboard systems will detect it and by flipping a pannel on the toys fuselage, you can instantly destroy any detection devices, or repair the ship to "brand new." What's more impressive is the firepower packed in this baby! After manually rotating the craft's stabalizer wings into flight position for fast manuevering, hit the hidden weapons control knob to pop open a secret hatch to reveal a quadruple firing rapid launching missle system! And it really works! Extra missles are stored in the back so you can always find the firepower you will need to hunt Jango Fett's prey. But sometimes you gotta scare them out a little - that's ok too. Slave One comes with 4 rapid release plasma charges that can also be deployed like space mines just in case it gets a little harder to pin point your quarry. Or if the contract says dead-or-alive, use them in combination with the missles to just blast them into one big disintegration! It's tough to outmatch or outgun Hasbro's all-new Slave-One!" This ship beat its pilot's own son's ship, Boba Fett's Slave-One 109-44 to storm ahead with 71% of the vote. Previously, this ship killed Obi-Wan Kenobi's Jedi Starfighter 71-42, carrying 62% of the vote in a tougher match for Slave-One during the Preliminaries.

So now which toy will it be? The best of all the prequel vehicles to make it this far: the electronic-effects Naboo Fighter or the fully-armed Slave-One?

You make the pick!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails n1 vs slave one.jpg  
    BAD Pts Need: R5-C7 lf leg (x2), , R4-P44 right leg BAD Pts Offered For Trade: PM me - I have lots of parts now including BG-J38!. New Kyle Katarn is also available.

I think Slave 1 should have gone up against the AT-AT in the first semifinal, it's closer to the price point than the AT-ST. Pitting these 2 great ships against each other at this point is really a disservice to both toys IMO.

I voted for Slave 1 simply because it's got more going on, slightly better detailing, and a more generous cockpit (sorry, but the Naboo Fighter's cockpit has NO reason to be so tight except that the battery compartment gets in the way). Both are near-perfect toys of their movie versions, and each has really minor flaws that don't detract at all (non-removable droid on N-1, not enough storage space and out of scale on Slave 1) leaving a LOT of points on the "good" side for each. I wouldn't say this is a "tough" choice for me, but both of these are definitely at the top of the heap.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I picked the Slave 1, but I still think the N-1 Naboo Fighter is a great ship
    "Fought well you have my old padawan"-Yoda

"This is just the begining"-Count Dooku

be sure to check out my site http://pub78.ezboard.com/bgundamhangerrpg

I like the N-1.

Mainly because it is such a cool ship. Slave 1 is awesome with all its features - but the N-1's scale and electronics take it.

The Slave1 is the best but the N1 is also awesome.
    "Eat My Shorts"-Bart Simpson
    "I SEE YOU''-Sauron the Dark Lord
    -Maul- l_l

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    I go with the N-1. The electronics was a big part of it for me. Lights and sounds are few and far between nowadays. but I also just dig the look and feel of the N-1. It grows on me more and more, that way it gracefully floats in the air or sits on the shelf. it's so different from any other Star Wars vehicle. I was hoping it'd make it to the end of the tournament, but alas, it's going to get creamed leaving nothing remotely having a chance against the AT-AT juggernaut.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

Wow, it seems these polls alternate between an obvious winner and one that could easily end up in a tie. Another great match-up!

I picked the N1 over the Slave 1 for two reasons: 1) Electronics! and 2) appearance. Electronics just makes a toy that much better. I loved the improved X-Wing and AT-AT (over the vintage ones) due to the extra sounds we got. I thoroughly despise the POTF TIE/F just because it lacks it. The N1's appearance is graceful and elegant over the utilitarian structure of the Slave 1. I concede that this last point is definitely subjective, but isn't that what these polls are all about?

The Slave 1 is also a great ship with room for three (!) figures as well as multiple projectile action. I just have to give the edge to the N1 due to the little extras, but it was a tough decision.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

I'll go with the Slave 1 one mainly due to all of its weapons. It is the ultimate bounty hunter ship.

I chose the N-1. It is totally to scale compared to slave 1 which should be bigger. Also its missle fire from the right spot whereas slave one fires from the middle under the cockpit. Also the N-1 is electronic with some good sound effects and Slave 1 isnt even though it is more expensive. Of course it doesnt really matter the AT-AT is going to trash either one of these if they go up against it.

I pick the Slave 1. Although I like both ships. The only problem I had with the N-1 was it's cockpit which didn't seem to be the right size for anyone. Ric Olie was too big and Anakin was too small (unless you got that adapter from the Naboo Pilot Anakin).

Other than that, the differences in quality are pretty negligible. This could have gone either way for me.