Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

10th anniversary of Nightmare Before Christmas

CanNOT believe it's been 10 years. What an awesome movie. I never get sick of it.
    "Whatever you do, take care of your shoes."

I love the film. It's one of the few movies that has some musical parts that I enjoy. I recently decided that I'll be buying this dvd soon, since I haven't seen it in a few years. About getting sick of it: I had a brother who would watch this everyday for many months of his young life because he loved it so, and that's about the time I took notice of it and started enjoying it.

(PS, Halloween related thread, score one for the bringing Halloween to the board, thanks Eric!)
    Back and more bearded than ever before

Yeah, I watched this all the time when I was four. Haven't seen it in nearly two years, I need to again soon. What a great film!
    My Photos and Reviews: SSG Toy Guide
    My Star Wars Fan Film: The Lazy Jedi
    Follow Me: Twitter | Instagram

Thumbs up Buy it

Yes, the SE edition DVD is pretty cool. It has a couple of early Burton animation shorts. One, called Vincent (featuring the voice of Vincent Price) is awesome, and the other Frankenweiner, is pretty good as well. There are a lot of little bits that originally appeared in these that were later incorporated into TNBC.

On my dvd wishlist I've got over at dvdaficionado.com, I saw they had those two shorts listed under the description of TNBC and I was wondering what those were and how they related to the film. I've got an answer now, thanks!

I say it's past time for a sequel! I could easily see a more exclusively Halloween centric storyline with Oogie Boogie coming back to hatch a plot to take over Halloween town, just as this years celebration approaches. Jack will have to step in to keep Oogie from adding a whole new element of danger to the festivities. Who's with me?

The past few years, Disneyland has modified the Haunted Mansion attraction with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme between October and January. I haven't been in a while, but last time I saw it, they did an incredible job recreating the movie's atmosphere in real life.

I only wish I had seen this movie in the theaters when it first came out.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Same here, JT. I wish I had seen the movie while it was still new, maybe pick up some of that Nightmare merchandise back when it was new before it started going for some high prices.

There's actually quite a bit of cool TNBC merch out there now. EntertainmentEarth carries quite a bit of it.

Also, there are theatres that are showing TNBC again, usually only a coupla showings though. A place out here in LaJolla is, actually, so I'll be able to see it in the theatre since I missed out the first time as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JediTricks
    The past few years, Disneyland has modified the Haunted Mansion attraction with a Nightmare Before Christmas theme between October and January. I haven't been in a while, but last time I saw it, they did an incredible job recreating the movie's atmosphere in real life.

I only wish I had seen this movie in the theaters when it first came out.
    My trip to the Magic Kingdom (and Halloweentown at the Haunted Masion) is already booked for December 4! Can't wait.

I'd also like to point out that Suncoast stores currently have an entire section of exclusive (I'm assuming) NBC merchandise including some neato-keen plush Jack and Sally dolls, a wicked Jack mini-bust, a totally awesome Mayor bobble figure, and tons of other cool stuff! Aside from that, Disneyland also has an entire shop (at least as of my last trip this past August) dedicated to NBC stuff right next to Pirates of the Carribean.