Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

AOTC "Trimmed" Scenes

I thought that I'd start a thread about the trimmed scenes on Episode II, being as we're not going to see them on the DVD we might aswell talk about what might have been, so what things were trimmed, all I know is:

Droid Ship Raid
    Dooku Using Anakin's Lightsaber
    Anakin Striking At Obi-Wan In The Hanger

What else?
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Uh, I think that was a rumor from several years ago - allegedly Anakin got confused and starting switching sides. I don't think it was filmed.

Here are a few:

+Jar Jar hugging Anakin
    +Bail Organa's dialogue from the Clone War trailer

This trim took place during the Dooku/Yoda lightsaber battle, though since it was CGI, it probably was never fully completed. After Dooku used 2 lightsabers against Yoda, and then lost one. Yoda jumps on Dooku's head near the end of the battle and prepared to deliver a killing blow thru the top of his skull. That's when Dooku dropped the pillar on Anakin and Obi-Wan which made Yoda have to stay his hand, and hop off to focus his concentration on the pillar so that it wouldn't crush them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    Droid Ship Raid
    I don't think the Droid Ship Raid was a trimmed scene I thought it was a large scene!

Anakin slaughtering Tuskens was trimmed down and so was the Obi-Jango fight and Windu-Jango fight. Also Obi-Wan and Anakin not being let in the Outlander Club by bouncers was a trimmed scene.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

The droid ship raid was under a minute so I think that counts as trimmed.

I heard not long ago about Anakin striking at Obi-Wan, apparantly, when he is trying to show off his skills to Dooku and doesn't succeed, he swipes at Obi-Wan once in his confusion and distress, I thought that would have been good to keep in as it shows his split personality and confusion towards the force.

I also heard of the one with the bouncers, I think Anakin uses his mind powers on them and gets told off by Obi-Wan for abusing his powers.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
    The droid ship raid was under a minute so I think that counts as trimmed.
    Thanx for the info Jek, I always thought it was a large complex scene cutting between that and the Battle of Geonosis. I thought it'd last for about 5 minutes or something . Oh well I guess it'll have no chance of being on the DVD then. I actually won't mind it not being on if it only lasts no longer than a minute.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

It's quite a shame though isn't it, because some of the trimmed pieces look, well sound anyway, quite good, maybe just little snippits will be quietly reincorporated into the film, here's to hoping!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Also, in the trailer:
    Ani: "I've heard this lesson before."
    Obi: "You haven't learned anything, Anakin!"
    It looks like they're outside the club when this happens.

Originally posted by Caesar
    Uh, I think that was a rumor from several years ago - allegedly Anakin got confused and starting switching sides. I don't think it was filmed.
    That's what I thought. I think Aldera was the website that claimed this scene had been filmed The first time I read it, it set off my crap dector. It makes absolutely no sense for Anakin to attack Obi Wan at this point in the story, even if he is frustrated with the pace of his training.
    ubi mel ibi apes