Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I'll see you in Hell

If Han tells one of the Taun Taun handlers, "Then I'll see you in Hell!" as he rides out of Echo Base, does that mean that there is a Heaven and Hell in the Star Wars universe?
    Ah, good...here comes the Air Force with those new round planes.

Sure is!
    Get over here Leia , and stop making out with your brother !

In ANH, Uncle Owen says that if those droids on the south range aren't repaired by midday, there will be hell to pay. Perhaps "Hell" is merely a really crappy planet that has been touted as being so bad that it's become mythically thoguht of as the worst spot in the galaxy.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"In Brooklyn, a castle, is where dwell I"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

Or it's just a cruel term for the afterlife, I'm sure they believe in the afterlife in SW, but probably not heaven or hell.
    "Hokey packaging and ancient gimmicks are no match for good detail on your figure, kid."
    "I am a Klingot from Oklahoma in human boy form."
    "We came, we saw, we conquered... We, woke up!"

I put my vote in for the "Hell = worst planet in the galaxy" theory.
    "No one helped me so why should I help you?" - College professor circa 1999

By choosing not to decide you still have made a choice.

I'm in love with the women of Univision.

Does that mean the best planet in the galaxy is known as Heaven?

Almost everywhere has a religion and in most religions there is a Heaven and Hell so it doesn't seem that strange that they believe in them.

PENDO!
    "You were my brother, Anakin. I loved you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
    "There's a gentleness about a total Star Wars geek that is sublime."- Rick McCallum
    My DVD Collection

Yep - the afterlife. We HEAR the characters speaking in English, but they're speaking the "basic" language of the SW Universe, I believe. In basic there probably exists good and bad forms of afterlife - translated into English for us as Heaven and Hell.

Im not sure where I got this, by the way. I think when reading novelizations of the movies they describe the language Luke, Han, Leia et. al. use as "basic".
    GOLDEN DEUCE AWARD WINNER & MABUCON ATTENDEE 2008

It is officially known as basic.

Anyway I think Hell is actually a term for the after life for the people who don't believe in the force, or maybe they believe that if you are good you become one with the force and are at piece, but if you are bad you go to hell and suffer, but I definatly don't think it's a planet.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I have a feeling that the SW universe has a tremendous diversity of religion. Obviously, Corellians have a system that takes into account the afterlife, and the baddies definitely go downstairs. I doubt Han Solo is much of a believer in any religion (except the Force). He seems pretty skeptical by nature.
    Peeps who have hooked me up: General Grievous Dark Marble jjreason Ramy GrandMoffLouie Josephe vader121 Val Da Car

Well anakin asks padme if she's an angel. I'm sure there's some belief system in place.