Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Should Hasbro Make R1-G4, anyway?

I know R1-G4 lost the Fan Choice Poll to Amanaman (and rightly so, as I consider redoing all the vintage figures the highest priority) however, would this droid not make an awesome addition to the line?

How about adding the droid with all the arms (on a short rectangular roller)? [Treadwell or not?] and include him with R1-G4 and the mining droid (black half-dome roller)?

[this would be a large deluxe figure anyway]

This should complete a Purchase of the Droids scene (not counting a real, silver Death Star Droid).

Note, R1-G4 is the tall black droid of a kind also seen in Watto's shop.

I think that it would be a great addition. I am not the biggest fan of Droids, (I'd much rather get some alien made) but think this one is pretty cool. I'd like to think that the characters that were on the fan choice will eventually be made. I would really like a Yareal Poof action figure, as well as Even Piell. I think that if there is a chance that perhaps Yareal Poof will be in the second deluxe line. If there is a third, i could see R1-G4 included. I hope that they will not be forgotten. We will just have to wait and see.
    "It can't rain all the time."

"Quote the Raven, Nevermore."

Thumbs up

Sure, why not? Can't get enough of those droids.
    "I'm just a YES man trying to make my way in the universe." - Jango McCallum

"Good dialogue and smooth editing are no match for a good YES man by your side, kid." - George Lucas

Re: Should Hasbro Make R1-G4, anyway?

Originally posted by Tycho

How about adding the droid with all the arms (on a short rectangular roller)? [Treadwell or not?] and include him with R1-G4 and the mining droid (black half-dome roller)?

[this would be a large deluxe figure anyway]

This should complete a Purchase of the Droids scene (not counting a real, silver Death Star Droid).

I agree that this a much needed figure, which may have seemed an odd choice for the Fan's Choice Poll, but a good one none the less. A pack-in with one or both of those other droids would be good, but the silver "Death Star Droid" was not in the "Purchase of the Droids" scene.
    "Does the name "Dingo" mean anything to you?" - Jedi Boulton to DingoDad at the October Dallas ComiCon.

Thumbs up

I'm up for R1-G4!! All figures that have never been made are more than wel.c@m!!!
    As always...........L

R1-G4 was my second choice and it was hard to choose between a big alien and a big droid. I still want him. If he came up in the next fan poll again against say Hermi Odle, then I'd have to go for Hermi but right now if R1 made it to a card I'd buy him. Can't wait for Ephant Mon though

Sure. I myself,would also like to see an Imperial R5 unit and an R2 unit with a clear dome.

Yes.

MORE DROIDS!!! I want more droids in general, not just the same protocol and astromechs over and over, but different designs and better gimmicks. R1-G4 would be dope.
    Darth Vader is becoming the Mickey Mouse of Star Wars.

"We named the dog 'Chewbacca'!"
    The use of a lightsaber does not make one a Jedi, it is the ability to not use it.

I've wanted Ephant Mon since I was a kid, however when I saw R1-G4, I actually hesitated in voting for the big elephant. I really want to see some more droids that are more than just repainted Artoo and Threepios.

And while you are at it, make General Rieekan too.