Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goldmember DVD?

Hybrid View

Goldmember DVD?

I making this a new thread so that it can be merged with the other Austin Powers thread, the reason being, no matter how many times I post in it, no one replies, I guess the intrest has gone!

Anyway, is there a release date for the DVD yet? If not when was The Spy Who Shagged Me released, that should give us some clues.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

No DVD info has yet been released, other then the info that it will have alot of deleted scenes. The average time between a theatrical release and a DVD release is around 6 months for movies that do well theatrically. Some movies come out on DVD in as little as 4 months, but that normally does not allow alot of time to create suppliments.

Judging by the fact the movie was released in July, I am going to say that we should have DVD info sometime this month. And the DVD should be released sometime between November/December. It may not show until January, judging how fast they rush it. Sorry I never responded in the Goldmember thread, I didn't have info and didn't just wanna quote statistics.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks
    THE SPY. THE SPACEMAN. THE GODDESS. THE ROBOT. THE GORILLA.

AGENTS OF ATLAS - Returns in Early 2009.

Fair play!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

The Spy Who Shagged Me was released on DVD
    16 November 1999

Was it, thanks Caesar, maybe Goldmember will be released in Novemeber too!
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

Outside SSG, banging on the window furiously, yelling "LET ME IN!"
    It will probably be part of Newline's ininifilm series and come in a nifty plastic case. Hooray! Unfortunately the first two will forever languish in the crappy WB cardboard versions, so the series will look atrocious sitting on my shelf.

I heard Jay Roach cut out 90 minutes of his original three hour rough cut. Egads! Jay Roach/Mike Meyers go into these things planning the DVD as they make the movie. they were actually one of the first filmmaking teams to see the potential of DVD and planned accordingly. That's why the 2nd AP film came out so quickly on DVD. I'm expecting the same for this one.

ROLLO!
    Who's a sexy kitty? Who is? Yes, you are. You're a SEXY kitty...

PHONE BOOK Written by Bendis. Art by Jim Lee. Total copies sold: 15 billion.

"Comic Collecting. Miss a decade, miss a lot."

The two AP DVD's that I've got are in plastic cases.
    "Giggety giggety!"

Jek Porky 2008

I don't think other regions get snappers, Jek. You see Warner Bros. invented a carboard case that snaps on the side for their DVD's. And even though plastic DVD cases are prefered, they would rather continue to release movies in those never sufficiantly damned snapper cases, atleast in Region 1.

I know they prefer to keep using their version of a case, but I can't see why they won't atleast invent their own version of a decent plastic case. They have been getting better though, their multidisc sets, and ininifilm releases all have started showing up in plastic cases. And New Line has moved to more plastic cases then snappers. But I would love to see the end of those crappy carboard snappers.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan, your post is the exact thought I had when they started doing Infinifilm. Fortunately though, the Platinum Series banner is back, so I expect Goldmember to be uniform with the other 2.

WOW, I really hate those snapper cases.

Early news on the DVD release from TheDigitalBits.com:

And finally this morning, U.K. retailer BlackStar is reporting a 12/9 street date for the R2 version of New Line's Austin Powers: Goldmember. We'll have to watch out for an official announcement in the coming weeks.

Those of us in Region 1 should get it around the same time, probably on December 10th, because UK's DVD/Video releases are on Mondays, and ours are on Tuesdays.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks